Visit visa for Dubai

I am a UK national, living in Saudi. My wife is a Philippine national. We both have Saudi Iqamas (Residence permits). I know I don't need a visa to visit UAE, but can my wife will need one. Can she obtain hers on arrival at Dubai airport or Abu Dhabi airport, or does she need to get one in advance of travelling?
Thanks, James

Hi, If she is holding the Saudi Iqama for more than a year and if your or her profession on the Iqama is anything except "Labor Jobs" then she don't need a visa to go to Dubai(am not sure if that applies to Abu Dhabi). It's a good Idea to use Emarits this way they can be your sponsor for her visit (if needed).
Important: you need to show them a copy of your/her Iqama

ahmadaq wrote:

Hi, If she is holding the Saudi Iqama for more than a year and if your or her profession on the Iqama is anything except "Labor Jobs" then she don't need a visa to go to Dubai(am not sure if that applies to Abu Dhabi). It's a good Idea to use Emarits this way they can be your sponsor for her visit (if needed).
Important: you need to show them a copy of your/her Iqama

With an American passport, I didn't have to show a copy of my iqama (of course, nothing seems to be consistent in the middle east so if you have both, bring both).

hey there, if you have a non-labor profession mentioned on your Iqama and she is under your sponsorship she doesn't need the visa.

The visa that you get is for 'UAE'. There is no diff in visa regulations between Dubai and AbuDhabi.

Thanks for all your replies. I am a teacher, so that should satisfy the "professional" requirement. My concern is that my wife has only been here in Saudi (and therefore holding an Iqama under mine) for two months, and I hear that the on-arrival visa would only be issued if she had been here in Saudi for over six months. I have sent an email to UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs for clarification, however I expect any reply may take some time - if indeed I get one.