The best place to live in in Luanda

We are moving to Luanda next month and I would like to ask you what is the best place to live in among this list: Luanda Sul, Miramar and Ilha of Luanda. We are looking for a SAFE place with convenience and stores around.
Thank you very much for your help

I wil sugest Talatona! Before all!

Talatona is near Luanda soul isn't it? I heard that streets are very crowded there. Is it true?
Do you think that Ilha and Miramar are unsafe?
Thank you for your answer

Miramar is safer than Ilha, but in general secuity it is not a great cincern like SA.

dantrinca wrote:

Miramar is safer than Ilha, but in general secuity it is not a great cincern like SA.

what does it mean SA :)

Louize30 wrote:
dantrinca wrote:

what does it mean SA :)

It stands for South Africa.

Hi,

Its better if you have a choice to live in talatona if you want a shop near around your place.and miramar is a nice place too.

goodluck!

Mtsnoel

The aggressive crime in luanda is very isolated, far more in the UK in every city
I have been in luanda since 2007  and only encountered small incidents of approach, police mainly,
My partner is angolan and i will say all the people i have met are so friendly and are family first nature.
If you have never travelled then you have to be prepared to be open minded, shocked and realise the wealth split with many people living on $8 a day, My advice is to go, enjoy, meet as many people as possible, dont be scared, be vigilant as anywhere, but love the people and country, its special.

To properly choose where to live you need to know wherewill you be working, rather than worrying about safety issues. Traffic is much more of a problem, really. I know Talatona (Luanda Sul) is a much nicer place, but it will take you up tp 2 hours to commute (that's 2 hours in the morning, plus 2 in the evening). And for me, as important as that, is that in Talatona you will be 'isolated' from what Angola is all about. The people, the street markets,hice reataurants and bars. I live down town. Sure, it's not all that pretty and I don't have a swimming pool. But I have all I need at walking distance, and my neighbors invite me to their parties every weekend :D

We also live down town. Before we been living near Bellas Shopping. I understand it is more practical to live down town, all is near. Maybe it is more safe to live outside.

what u mean by down town?? City center????

Yes, city centre.
I walk to work and from work. No traffic for me.

You are welcome

Miramar is the best to live

you should be nearby school if you have kids

Could somebody post the sites where to find some hauses to rent?

coqueiros

I will say Ilha,
Www.olx.co.ao

I spent five years living in Luanda.  Always in the city rather than the suburbs because of the traffic issues getting in and out.   I lived for most of the time in Alvalade which a good centrally located area of town, close to shops and restaurants.  Miramar is definitely nice too, but more expensive in my experience.

I know somebody with a three bed house in Maianga, Alvadade coming on the market for rent end of March 2015.  Let me know if someone's looking.

Let me know the price