Irish Community in Riyadh?

Hi, I will be arriving in Riyadh mid January and would love to hear from other Irish people already living in there. Is there anything from home I can't get out there and I should bring with me for instance....do the Irish meet up and have any social gatherings?

Hi there :)
I'm saudi but I used to live in the state for while :) I used to have Irish friends they are amazing ppl now I'm I riyadh working and i have a family :) if you ever hear from Irish ppl here in riyadh plz let me know I would love to meet with them and have them all as friends
Thank you :)

Momo, dude.. this was a *realllllllllll* stretch lol

Hahahahahah no I miss them for real lol

Are you coming to riyadh soon ?

Momo Ajmi wrote:

Hahahahahah no I miss them for real lol

Are you coming to riyadh soon ?

Me? Why?  Do you miss ME, too? :whistle:

Of course I don't miss you cuz I don't know u lol I'm a new member here tho I just update my profile I don't know sh*** lol

Momo Ajmi wrote:

I don't know sh*** lol

Thank you for your honesty and I'll remember this if you ever offer a reply to one of my questions! :D

oh, and btw.. you need to rotate your avatar ;)

If you're Irish then yah I miss your ppl but not YOU lol jk don't take me wrong I just Irish ppl

Wait I'm stuck I don't know how to rotate it :( cuz I picked it from my phone ! Anyways what's your questions ? I will do my best answering them

Momo Ajmi wrote:

Wait I'm stuck I don't know how to rotate it :( cuz I picked it from my phone ! Anyways what's your questions ? I will do my best answering them

So you're saying WE have to rotate OUR heads ?!? :mad:

Yah pls rotate your head for now just be nice omg you can't rotate your head for a min you don't have to look at my ugly face for an hur 😡 hahah .
I'm studying this website now I have to learn and how to use it :) cuz I feel I look stupid now :(

Momo Ajmi wrote:

Yah pls rotate your head for now just be nice omg you can't rotate your head for a min you don't have to look at my ugly face for an hur 😡 hahah .
I'm studying this website now I have to learn and how to use it :) cuz I feel I look stupid now :(

Oh come on, please don't feel bad.  I was just joking with you because I like you! :)

Oh yah youuu like me I know you're not sure lol :):):) thank you that was fast lol ok are you Irish ? And where are you from ?

Don't worry about me I will never feel bad I love joking and I love even to make fun of my self if I don't find someone to make fun of :) I'm a happy person :)

Momo Ajmi wrote:

Oh yah youuu like me I know you're not sure lol :):):) thank you that was fast lol ok are you Irish ? And where are you from ?

It was fast because of your good natured responses! 

As for me, I am American.  Somebody of Irish descent who is born in the US is NOT Irish-- he or she is American!  I do happen to have some Irish ancestry but I am American.

Oh that's nice :) I just came from the states like 2 weeks ago I was in tx and went to AZ I have a lot of friends there and I move from place to other in the states cuz of my classes and now I'm here for a while I'm not ready to go back to school anymore I think getting old lol and btw I don't know anyone Ireland but I know american Irish friends just like you ! So are you in riyadh now or you are planning to come to riyadh ?

Momo Ajmi wrote:

Oh that's nice :) I just came from the states like 2 weeks ago I was in tx and went to AZ I have a lot of friends there and I move from place to other in the states cuz of my classes and now I'm here for a while I'm not ready to go back to school anymore I think getting old lol and btw I don't know anyone Ireland but I know american Irish friends just like you ! So are you in riyadh now or you are planning to come to riyadh ?

I live and work in Riyadh.

Where were you in AZ?  My brother lives there--I love the SW!

In Tucson :) have you been there ? And yah I love the SW too I like the weather it's almost like here huh ;)

That's cool I thought you're still there I was like WHAT why you aren't you sleeping yet lol it's too late there :)

How do you like it here ? How long have been here for ! And welcome to saudi I know it's a late welcome :)

crescentmoon wrote:

Hi, I will be arriving in Riyadh mid January and would love to hear from other Irish people already living in there. Is there anything from home I can't get out there and I should bring with me for instance....do the Irish meet up and have any social gatherings?

depends what your home comforts are.  I always come back stocked up on irn bru (aye, from scotland) and crisps (monster munch and prawn cocktail)

good luck hope all goes well

crescentmoon wrote:

Hi, so sorry for hijacking your thread! 

There are lots of Irish women in Riyadh, working mostly as administrative assistants, teachers and nurses.  Check in with your embassy, first thing and join us at the Irish Pub on Olaya Street (sorry, this second was just a joke lol).

Best of luck!