Bahrain invite letter

Could someone invite me to Bahrain?

do you have your entry.exit?

I was just told someone has to invite me to get there...

do you have an exit reentry for saudi arabia yet?

If thats the Iqama, I was told to wait 3 weeks... I dont have my Iqama yet... :(

then you arent going anywhere for 5 weeks

soul_crafter316 wrote:

If thats the Iqama, I was told to wait 3 weeks... I dont have my Iqama yet... :(

:dumbom:

Freshlikesushi wrote:

yes, not even your home country..

Hey crafter, why you are so uninformed about Saudi man? People do these researched before they even land. and you have landed and still don;t know without exit re-entry you cannot go out of KSA.

pkmusd wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

yes, not even your home country..

Hey crafter, why you are so uninformed about Saudi man? People do these researched before they even land. and you have landed and still don;t know without exit re-entry you cannot go out of KSA.

He's been too busy playing Magic the Gathering and D&D ;)

Freshlikesushi wrote:

He can definitely go *anywhere* but can't come back necessarily ;)

I hear you soul_crafter, this is what happens in the intial months of being here, you are stranded and all these iqama, kafeel... words make no sense to you, you just want to escape and you ask around for info, everyone gives you a different answer for the same basic question. Its easily confusing. Couple of months down the line you will b settled in and all fine.  For now sleep away.

yeah, take a chill pill and hold yourself :-))
Excitement and fun is quite far from you..

I just didnt realize how much it hurt to ask to be informed.

soul_crafter316 wrote:

I just didnt realize how much it hurt to ask to be informed.

No man, don't take it that way.

Actually, all of us went through these restrictions and our messages are somewhat resultant of frustration we had at that time..

All of us have faced similar situations but what we did on most occasions, to do some custom search on EB before posting.

pkmusd wrote:

what we did on most occasions, to do some custom search on EB before posting.

:one

johnkuriakose wrote:

I hear you soul_crafter, this is what happens in the intial months of being here, you are stranded and all these iqama, kafeel... words make no sense to you, you just want to escape and you ask around for info, everyone gives you a different answer for the same basic question. Its easily confusing. Couple of months down the line you will b settled in and all fine.  For now sleep away.

I would agree with what you've said regarding a *lot* of questions BUT not regarding the exit/entrance visa.  There are never different answers, confusion, etc.  You need an EXIT visa to leave KSA and an ENTRY visa to return.  This is about the simplest thing there is to understand about this place.

Alliecat wrote:

I would agree with what you've said regarding a *lot* of questions BUT not regarding the exit/entrance visa.  There are never different answers, confusion, etc.  You need an EXIT visa to leave KSA and an ENTRY visa to return.  This is about the simplest thing there is to understand about this place.

But soul_crafter has mentioned that somebody already told him that he needs an invitation to go to Bahrain, not an exit re-entry visa. So its confusion all over with all the Arabic words and confused people all around. Once he gets used to Expat-Blog he will be fine, these are his initial blog entries and we have been pulling his legs every chance we get. So he might be a lil reluctant as to what he can ask and not ask.

johnkuriakose wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

But soul_crafter has mentioned that somebody already told him that he needs an invitation to go to Bahrain, not an exit re-entry visa. So its confusion all over with all the Arabic words and confused people all around. Once he gets used to Expat-Blog he will be fine, these are his initial blog entries and we have been pulling his legs every chance we get. So he might be a lil reluctant as to what he can ask and not ask.

John, we appreciate your concern and here we're to help each other
But a good idea is that we make use of custom search before posting a new thread, just to see as to how common our question is.. and by spending 5 min he can get far more information then he will get on this thread.. as this isn't a new question.

Regards

johnkuriakose wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Good points BUT how many times could he possibly have seen/heard about an invitation as opposed to reading/hearing about Exit/Re-Entry?

But okay, I'll just assume he's naive and believes anything he hears ;) (maybe I can sell him the Brooklyn Bridge lol).

And as for you, I salute your gentleness and compassion! :cheers:

pkmusd wrote:

and by spending 5 min he can get far more information then he will get on this thread.. as this isn't a new question.

Excellent point!  I've noticed that even relative newcomers to the blog are losing patience and either referring to the custom search feature or not replying at all.

Alliecat wrote:
johnkuriakose wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Good points BUT how many times could he possibly have seen/heard about an invitation as opposed to reading/hearing about Exit/Re-Entry?

But okay, I'll just assume he's naive and believes anything he hears ;) (maybe I can sell him the Brooklyn Bridge lol).

And as for you, I salute your gentleness and compassion! :cheers:

The Brooklyn Bridge Joke was hillaroius

And thank you for the salute :)

I just feel that people get overwhelmed initially with all the things that happen and not happen here. And therefore we should be more understanding.

We can either offer to help a person or just ignore it. But there is no need to lose once cool. True it might have been asked a 1000 times, but the new comers dont know that. So when these things happen, senior guys - just ignore the thread, dont waste ur time on it, or just ask them to do a search. This will also give other people a chance to answer the questions raised by newer members. And the seniors can just sit back and enjoy the fun, like in this one, i want an inviation to Bahrain but i dont have an Iqama yet. Your current country has not even acknowledged your presence and you want to go sight seeing to another. lol

Alliecat wrote:
pkmusd wrote:

and by spending 5 min he can get far more information then he will get on this thread.. as this isn't a new question.

Excellent point!  I've noticed that even relative newcomers to the blog are losing patience and either referring to the custom search feature or not replying at all.

That is the problem its causing. New comers don't make use of google custom search and post new threads.. members don't respond to that questions considering that it has been discussed numerous times..

mate, once you have the Iqama (better to be called as Resident Permit), request your sponsor to get an Exit Re Entry stamped in your passport. It will cost you SR 200. If your sponsor and you are in good terms, he may even given you a multiple exit re entry (SR 500, can be used to travel multiple times).

After you get your passport along with E/R, you can either drive by yourself, or go by bus, or hire a taxi to travel to bahrain. You dont need any invitation.

dont be so quick

apparently different passports need stuff.
i HAVE heard of some additional paperwork for those classified as "TCN"
I know a Pakistani friend had to do something else, but not sure what

for those who have saudi resident permit and travels to bahrain thru the causeway, no other paper works are required....be it TCN or FCN !!

hey, if you are 100% ill believe you.

i dont know for sure, just what a friend had happen (we know how reliable experiences are since everything changes so often lol)

how hard would it be to simply post the link to the topic where it was already replied to? instead of making crude remarks...

and to who PM'd it to me, thanks

soul_crafter316 wrote:

how hard would it be to simply post the link to the topic where it was already replied to? instead of making crude remarks...

and to who PM'd it to me, thanks

How hard would it be to search FIRST before asking stupid questions? :mad:

a stupid question cannot be solved by a stupid answer though...

At least you admit your fault

You guys seriously need to cut the guy some slack. He clearly doesn't know better...

Bruckner wrote:

You guys seriously need to cut the guy some slack. He clearly doesn't know better...

He needs to drop the attitude and we'll give him some slack lol

soul_craft - Expat.com is going to be one of your best place for finding information and friends. It would really help to keep your cool here and not get angry. You have to understand that you are a beginner here and most people who reply to your queries are people who have been here for a couple of years. So they can sometimes get angry when the see the same questions getting asked around over and over again. Respect the elders, they will help you out, if they say it has been posted and you dont know where, ask em for a link and all is well.

For the seniors - Expat.com is, as far as my understanding goes, not just a place for finding information but also to meet new people. Meeting new people is not going to happen if one comes here and searches for topics he has doubts regarding, finds, reads and goes back. Instead it helps when they post stuff and people answer it and thats how people meet people. I understand that it can be frustrating when people keep asking the same question, but what I would suggest is, if you find it frustrating ignore it, let some one who is newer to this answer it, if they can. this gives everyone a chance.

Moreover we need to remember this is Saudi Arabia and rules change here regularly, so an old post might not be relevant any more.

We need to welcome more people here not scare em away.

johnkuriakose wrote:

soul_craft - Expat.com is going to be one of your best place for finding information and friends. It would really help to keep your cool here and not get angry. You have to understand that you are a beginner here and most people who reply to your queries are people who have been here for a couple of years. So they can sometimes get angry when the see the same questions getting asked around over and over again. Respect the elders, they will help you out, if they say it has been posted and you dont know where, ask em for a link and all is well.

For the seniors - Expat.com is, as far as my understanding goes, not just a place for finding information but also to meet new people. Meeting new people is not going to happen if one comes here and searches for topics he has doubts regarding, finds, reads and goes back. Instead it helps when they post stuff and people answer it and thats how people meet people. I understand that it can be frustrating when people keep asking the same question, but what I would suggest is, if you find it frustrating ignore it, let some one who is newer to this answer it, if they can. this gives everyone a chance.

Moreover we need to remember this is Saudi Arabia and rules change here regularly, so an old post might not be relevant any more.

We need to welcome more people here not scare em away.

And a word to YOU, my junior friend:  we are generally very patient and accommodating but don't need attitude from people are apparently so freakin' helpless.  Maybe you've never heard this before:  Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day.  TEACH him to fish, he is fed for a lifetime.

To indulge a lazy, helpless newcomer is surely doing him NO favor, unless it's YOU who wants to hold his hands for the next 5 years.

And one final thing:  yes, 'we' need to welcome more people here but we also make an attempt to keep the standards high.  Haven't you noticed the number of people who get banned?  So there *is* criteria.

Now let me give you a little example:  there's a new guy, a Saudi, called Momo who just joined the forum.  I began teasing him deliberately to see if he's a good guy or if he's going to be the kind of national who starts trouble here, lecturing on Islam, etc. 

Anyway, he didn't get angry--he didn't get attitude--he didn't whine.  He teased me right back!

Way to go, Momo! :top:

Alliecat wrote:

And a word to YOU, my junior friend:  we are generally very patient and accommodating but don't need attitude from people are apparently so freakin' helpless.  Maybe you've never heard this before:  Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day.  TEACH him to fish, he is fed for a lifetime.

To indulge a lazy, helpless newcomer is surely doing him NO favor, unless it's YOU who wants to hold his hands for the next 5 years.

And one final thing:  yes, 'we' need to welcome more people here but we also make an attempt to keep the standards high.  Haven't you noticed the number of people who get banned?  So there *is* criteria.

Now let me give you a little example:  there's a new guy, a Saudi, called Momo who just joined the forum.  I began teasing him deliberately to see if he's a good guy or if he's going to be the kind of national who starts trouble here, lecturing on Islam, etc. 

Anyway, he didn't get angry--he didn't get attitude--he didn't whine.  He teased me right back!

Way to go, Momo! :top:

I understand what you are saying. My approach is different and I was just sharing my view. I dont know soul_crafter, but I am thinking he being a magician and all is used to being in the lime light and then comes to Saudi with a pack of cards and there is no one to show off his skills too, he is new and it can be hard on new people here. So lets give him some time to get adjusted.

johnkuriakose wrote:

I understand what you are saying. My approach is different and I was just sharing my view. I dont know soul_crafter, but I am thinking he being a magician and all is used to being in the lime light and then comes to Saudi with a pack of cards and there is no one to show off his skills too, he is new and it can be hard on new people here. So lets give him some time to get adjusted.

How about this:  you use your approach and I'll use mine? ;)  He's a big boy--I'm sure he can take it. 

PS.  Why do you think he's a magician?  If it's because of Magic the Gathering, that's just a card game, kind of a fantasy role play.

Alliecat wrote:

How about this:  you use your approach and I'll use mine? ;)  He's a big boy--I'm sure he can take it. 

PS.  Why do you think he's a magician?  If it's because of Magic the Gathering, that's just a card game, kind of a fantasy role play.

I guess U r a cat person and I a dog person and hence we have our different ways :)

I thought i read somewhere about he doing magic, maybe it was not him or I was confused abt the Gathering stuff. :blink:

Whatever be the case, he seems to have disappeared and I dont c any point y U n I should waste our time discussing/ arguing / debating about anything regarding him/ his query. :cheers:

johnkuriakose wrote:

I dont c any point y U n I should waste our time discussing/ arguing / debating about anything regarding him/ his query. :cheers:

I'm in total agreement! :cheers:

soul_crafter316 wrote:

a stupid question cannot be solved by a stupid answer though...

To confuse you even more?
Such as goto embassy of bahrain in DQ and apply for a letter with passport of your Kafeel (Sponsor)..
why would we give stupid answers man!

Alliecat wrote:
johnkuriakose wrote:

no allie, its because he can get cheap jewelry :-)

Closed