Looking for an apartment

Hello everybody,

Im moving to Mombasa in a few weeks! Wohooo cant wait to leave cold Sweden. Its -15 here at the moment :(

Anyways, i would really appreciate if somebody living in Mombasa could help!

Im searching for an apartment to rent, checked online but it seems like the prices online are the same as renting a flat in Sweden, doesnt make any sence!

hello Bubblebubble,

Welvcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Mombasa forum.

The Housing in Mombasa section might help. You should post an advert there.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Apartments in Mombasa during Decembe-January are quite pricey because it's tourist season and they capitalize on that, so I'm not surprised that they are the same rates as Sweden rates.  The rates go down during low season, so you may have to shell out more money for rent if you're moving there around this time.  You can search for real estate companies based in Kenya, they may be able to guide you on your apartment search.

heya wiking,
the best way to find shelter is to be here - rent a fair priced
apt. furnished for 1 month and then scout the region you would like to stay(commuting, security,shopping and all the other parameters to have a easy going live in the heat of MSA)

merry x-mas
papakilo_alfa

Hey,

Did u manage to get urself an apartment?well if no,then contact me then i can show u acouple that are really nice and fair prized,both funished and unfurnished,then u can make a pic..i am guessing its a long term stay right??

Hi, am Phillip,currently living in Mombasa and this is my fifth year, There are various apartments that can accommodate you basing on your preferences; my be the best way you can be assisted is outline the type of house you want; in this case I mean the specifications, then I can assist in looking for one.
Wishing you all the best
Phillip Lutta Mulama
[email protected]

It depends on your preferences. Some folks will definetely "up" the prices especially if they are dealing with an expatriate or a "mzungu". However furnished appartments are more expensive than non furnished. Beach front properties are more expensive. However it is good to be on the ground and check out appartments that suit your tastes and which are in a good secure area.(moderated: no free ads please)

lilianoty wrote:

Hey,

Did u manage to get urself an apartment?well if no,then contact me then i can show u acouple that are really nice and fair prized,both funished and unfurnished,then u can make a pic..i am guessing its a long term stay right??

I am looking for a well furnished studio apartment  for 6  months  oct to march in Mombasa ( Nyali ) let me know when you have and the price my E Mail  [email protected].   i thank you
         Regards  Bruno Tosco

@ Bruno please note that you are posting on a old and inactive thread and maybe the members who posted here, wont respond.

Therefor I invite you to take a peek at the housing section in the green banner above the page. This might help you more,

Bruno Tosco wrote:
lilianoty wrote:

Hey,

I am looking for a well furnished studio apartment  for 6  months  oct to march in Mombasa ( Nyali ) let me know when you have and the price my E Mail  [email protected].   i thank you
         Regards  Bruno Tosco

Hello Bruno Tosco,

What Primadonna is trying to tell you, is that the member named lilianoty, has not posted on this thread till 2013.

You may not have any responses from her.

The best is to drop an ad in the Housing section, Housing in Mombasa.

Thank you,
Marjorie