Traveling through Phnom Penh during Christmas holiday

Hello,

My name is Mark and I'm from the US.  I'm a Vietnamese adoptee and moving over to Vietnam to help with the orphanages, teach english, and conduct soccer camps to areas for children who don't have the means or access for something like that.

I've been traveling in Singapore, Malaysia, and am currently in Thailand.  I'll be in Phnom Penh on December 24-25 (possibly longer) and am traveling by myself and would love to volunteer for an organization and spend my Christmas break possibly with others who don't have family around.

I saw someone recommended the organization rivercitykids.org and I wrote to them.  I've volunteered my whole life and my heart is with kids and the homeless, but will help out with any legitimate cause.

I'd appreciate any insight into volunteering and anyone who may be interested in having a friendly traveler join them during the Christmas holiday.

Thanks for your time and help, kindly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Mark Eggering
US Traveler to Vietnam

P.S.  I haven't sorted out a place to stay yet, so any recommendations would be appreciated as well.  Thanks!

Hello Mark.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, I invite you to post an advert in the Jobs in Phnom Penh section - Social category (Volunteering). It could help.

What kind of accommodation are you looking for?
-> A hostel? An apartment? A room? Flat share?

Thank you,
Aurûlie

Hi Aurulie,

Thanks for the reply and suggestion on posting in Jobs in Phnom Penh section for volunteering opportunities. 

I'm open, but probably hotel.  I just got a great deal for a 3 night stay on agoda.com in Siem Reap, so I'll probably do something similar for Phnom Penh.

Thanks,

Mark