IT Manager Salary in Macau for Expat

Im from Canada and have an opportunity to work in Macau at one of their hotel chains as an IT Manager.

I make around 90K Canadian a year.  How much as an expat would I expect to make in Macau for the same type of roll?  Yes they will be providing me a working Vista but want to make sure I dont rip my self off.  Normally an expat should make around 30% more then what they are worth in their own country correct?

I have gone through the Skype interview with HR and with the IT Director already.  What else can I ask for as part of the pacakge?

Thanks.

NLEE

Hi NLEE and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that other members will enlighten you soon.;)

Harmonie.

Thanks for replying Harmonie.

Anyone can give me some info???

Generally I would assume expat would be paid more then a local on a similar position?

nlee wrote:

Normally an expat should make around 30% more then what they are worth in their own country correct?

I don't think that's at all correct.  Some countries pay much less, but the cost of living might be much lower.  Macau is not an expensive city.  I'm sure they can get away with paying less.

Well in Canada you can rent a nice place for about $1,500CAD (12,000MOP)or own a nice condo for $275,000CAD 2,200 000MOP.  So to say cost of living is cheaper is not correct.  If you have a free place to stay then to survice off of just paying food then yes it is a bit cheaper.  I travel to Macau every year since I have family there so I know how much it cost but to have your own place or rent is wat more then Canada.

I have never heard of an Expat travel to another country to work for less.  The expat should be compensated correctly.

Hailey what type of field are you in?  I noticed that your in HK.

Hey lee . How izzit goijg ? In a similar dilemma came here for a short term project . But a permanent role might be in the pipeline . Are u still in Macau ?

Hi MoneyChaser,

Member Lee has been inactive since 2012. ;)

if you need infos, i suggest you create a new thread on the Macau forum, you will surely get some feedbacks.

Cheers,
Bhavna