Don't want to wait

I have been reading a lot about places to retire and DR is at the top of my list.  However my job lets me work from anywhere I have access to a high speed internet connection. 

I have read about requirements for retirement residency, but as I am not yet retired and all my income comes from my job could I still qualify for DR residency?

If you can show income of a certain amount a month or a certain level of savings then yes you can qualify with out being retired

BObK

Bob K wrote:

If you can show income of a certain amount a month or a certain level of savings then yes you can qualify with out being retired

BObK

But from what I read, that investment income or income from real estate rental.  My income is mostly derived from salary.

You can get a regular residencia not an investors or retirement residencia.  It's not difficult.

Thank you Planner for your one line response. That one line helped me a lot. I want to retire to DR. Won't have the required income for pension visa for another two years. I will do the regular visa. I have a pension over $1,200. per month, and I own property I plan to sell. It should give me at least $50,000 bank. Will my income be enough for regular visa?

Have you spent any time here yet?
Before jumping in with both feet you should consider a month or so here then make some decisions based on your experience.

Bob K

Easier said than done! Besides, I think like Catvo. What income is required for regular residency?

Before you decide to retire here listen to Bob K and spend at least a month here in the area you are interested in living. IT IS MUCH DIFFERENT TO LIVE HERE THAN TO VACATION HERE!