Relocating to Cairo

I am basically an Indian. I have got a job offer in Cairo.Is it safe to move to Cairo? What is the present situation prevailing there? I am planning to move along with my wife and we are pure vegetarians. What will be the approximate cost of living other than accommodation?
Its very urgent..Please help me out...

Hi and welcome on board  lakmya !

You might want to have a look at the threads of the Cairo forum.
You could find some answers there ;)

Good luck
Armand

Plenty of veggies over here, same for spices. The political situation is quite foggy, but now it depends on what area you will live. Some compounds have security 24/7. The cost of living it depends on the standard you want to live. For a couple, i guess 2000 $ gives you a normal life.

it depend on the place you will move too , and by the way you are in safe area , its dangerous only if u go to demonstration place and u will never do

thanks evrybody.. So do u mean Cairo is the safest place?

yes egypt is safe don`t worry
and for sure the cost of living is very low especially you are a pure vegetarian

if you have any question just let me know i`ll be happy to help

cost of living for 2 person for including the accommodation (1000 $ will be more than enough for everything)

siasou wrote:

it depend on the place you will move too , and by the way you are in safe area , its dangerous only if u go to demonstration place and u will never do

but if you want go to demonstration areas you can go with an Egyptian friend :) it`s safe also btw