Cycling/biking in Nairobi

@Pitt,they  hire out mountain bikes at Ksh. 1,500 per day. Comes well serviced and with a helmet.If you  will have time try them out.
Meanwhile best of luck with your adventures and enjoy.

Helloz, yes we have cycling groups here in nairobi
We have extra milers, baiskeli Adventures and there is a group that goes to karura

shirleymo wrote:

@Pitt,they  hire out mountain bikes at Ksh. 1,500 per day. Comes well serviced and with a helmet.If you  will have time try them out.
Meanwhile best of luck with your adventures and enjoy.

my goodness! When did hiring a bicycle become so damn expensive?... does it come with a driver & packed lunch? ;) for that price you can rent a self-drive car here in Jordan! :D

Anyone keen on cycling to Limuru Saturday morning? Starting from sairt centre at 06:00

Need some friends around.. First ride this morning wasn't too bad. kept to the well lit areas that have cycling lanes, bit of dust but will survive..

runkeeper.com/user/1478965912/activity/662815327

Hi
Cycling in nairobi is real fun. you need not to join any club..pick the bike and go to karura forest..

Hi guys. Have plans on 22nd November, Join us for a ride in Limuru.*

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links / groups / websites not allowed.
Njoroge Patrick wrote:

Hi guys. Have plans on 22nd November, Join us for a ride in Limuru.*

Hello Patrick

An advert in the Events, Activities, Leisure in Nairobi will help better spread the word about this event

Regards
Kenjee

Hi Wanjiku, Nyambura here. Am very interested in knowing how to ride a bike and am glad you offer the training. How can I get in touch? And where are you located.

Kindly contact me via xxx

Thanks.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange your contact details via private messaging + Have a look at the Sport partners in Nairobi section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello guys, good to see the interest.
Typically i am a lazy bone pushing myself or rather trying to push myself for starting cycling. Are we on this weekend?
I live beside westgate...so as mentioned by nim0, reaching riverside won't be a prob.

let me know if we are on coming weekend.
And i am still a novice...so hope ppl are not too fit to match )).

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : advertising your services on the forum is not allowed, please register in the business directory

No advertising on the forum please.

Adverts should be placed in the relevant section.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Already posted in classifieds

There's a lot of cycling that happens in Karura. You may consider to have a look. Also check out 1000 Rides on facebook.

I'd like to join. Any registration fee?

Hi Leilz, you could also look up web.facebook.com/activemotionkenya/ for amazing cycling adventures. All info about registration is on the page.

Thanks a lot Patrick. I'll check it out now. :)

Moderated by Chris 7 years ago
Reason : Advertising of services is not allowed on the forum. Please register in the business directory.

i hope its not too late, but anyway how can i join this group?

Hi people,

I don't know how to ride a bike and would like to learn. Does any of you know where I can get adult classes?

Hi Kabie.

I can connect you with a guy who taught me. He is usually in Karura Forest. He taught me how to ride about three weeks ago and now I'm really good at it. It will take about an hour for you to learn then after that  you can practice on your own.

I have a group of friends that I go cycling with in Karura every Saturday. You are welcome to join and I will introduce you to the guy.

Hi Esther,

I would love that. At what time do you get there?

We get there at around 12:30pm .

Feel free to send a message in my inbox and we can plan for next Saturday

why don't we begin a WhatsApp group? I need someone to teach me how to ride

Hi Caryn. There are a lot of cycling groups in Nairobi. Try Ben of Active Motion xxx
We do a lot of cycling over the weekends mainly.
THere are bikes available on hire at Karura forest and they teach also I believe.
Lots of cycling groups on Face Book-namely-Active Motion; The Sunday Cycle; Hashim Zuzu ; H2H Series ; Kenya Cycling;
Hope this was useful-hoping to see you soon on the roads........

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you

Would like to join your group

Could someone recommend a good route between Karen and Kilimani? I'm a very experienced urban cyclist (Chicago) riding a bike that can handle pavement as well as off-road. If someone thinks Ngong Rd during construction is fine, I've love to follow you on a ride. From my window, it seems pretty dicey.

Thanks!

Hello, how can I join the club.
Thanks.

Hello, you still go for ride this day's?. Please connect me.
Thanks.

yes i do go. but mostly at Karura.

Check out these guys

Baiskeli Adventures on Facebook. They are a tours company who organise biking tours here in Kenya. When you join one of their tours make friends with other cyclists who will introduce you to cycling in Nairobi.