New but a long way from anywhere :)

Hi,

My name is Chris and am originally from South Africa, now living in the US, now also doing contract work for a year in Sabuk-Eup, Gangwon-Do........kind of a mouthful right?

Would love to travel and at some point meet some South Africans or anyone for that matter. It would be great to speak some English, Afrikaans or be taught some rudimentary Korean.

It is crazy cold here with snow everywhere, I'm kind of loving it for now, so different to what I'm used to.

Well if I need to post anything else or anybody wants to know anything else please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to supply you with my version of the truth :)

Have a great day!

Chris

I remember South Africans being much friendlier than this :)

I would like to travel to Seoul in 2 weeks time. Hopefully there are some people on here who can suggest some attractions to see or perhaps a good hotel or restaurant?

thanks

Chris

Hello Chris.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Thank you Aurelie :)

How long have you been in Korea for?

Anyway how would I get in touch with some South Africans in Seoul? i'm traveling there in 2 weeks time and wouldn't mind having a drink with them or something?

thanks for the great site, and good to meet you once again!

Chris

Hi Chris,

The South African expatriates in Seoul network could help you to find some contacts.

All the best,
Christine

Thank you Christine, much appreciated.

Have a good evening