Other than SR 2400 for expat fee, more news around

Salaam and Good morning, for many days we are discussing about expat fee. Other than that, i have heard some new threads regarding, for example :
1) The exit re-entry fee (which was 200 before) raised to 1200,    ( also heard that its 200 pr month, 400 for 2 months and so on until 6 months)

2)Its gonna be must to visit the home country every year.

3)And the most strange and unbelievable that every expat has to pay tax around 1700 Riyals\year who owns a car.

Do anyone heard or know anything about these?

Heard nothing of that sort. And to be honest I dont think its true it just cant be.

I  did not hear about Re-entry and Car Tax ...only 2400/Sr for each Expat.

i checked now online for my re-entry ,it is only 200/Sr (nothing mention about months.)just pay 200/Sr and got 6 months re-entry.

Hope its only the rumors, thanks friends

danish luv wrote:

Salaam and Good morning, for many days we are discussing about expat fee. Other than that, i have heard some new threads regarding, for example :
1) The exit re-entry fee (which was 200 before) raised to 1200,    ( also heard that its 200 pr month, 400 for 2 months and so on until 6 months)

2)Its gonna be must to visit the home country every year.

3)And the most strange and unbelievable that every expat has to pay tax around 1700 Riyals\year who owns a car.

Do anyone heard or know anything about these?

I am keen to know your source? can you provide some links???
This cannot be true man..

No source for this bro, still rumors. Thats y asked that anyone heard of it or not

Contractors seek fatwa on labor fee
-----------------------------------

RIYADH: ARAB NEWS

Thursday 6 December 2012

Last Update 6 December 2012 1:35 am

Businesses involved in construction have recourse to three legal ways — official, religious and judicial — to contest the decision of the Ministry of Labor to raise work license fees from SR 100 to 2,400 per year, said Fahad Al-Hamadi, head of the National Committee for Contractors.
“The official track involves addressing the minister of labor to reach a fair judgment in this regard,” said Al-Hamadi.
The committee plans to ask the grand mufti to issue an explicit official fatwa after looking into the decision and considering all its effects.
“As for the third track, the committee will file a complaint with the Court of Grievances, to save the national economy from the grave losses inflicted on it, which the ministry didn't take into account when making the decision,” said Al-Hamadi.
The workshop that the construction sector concluded last Tuesday recommended that the minister of labor meet the contractors to listen to their suggestions so they could all reach a rational decision.
Al-Hamadi said that contractors should demand reimbursements. These proceeds would benefit the Human Resources Fund, which in turn gives support to the Hafez program for the unemployed.
Faisal Al-Shareef, vice president of the contractors committee, said the Ministry of Labor is contradicting itself. Initially, it hastily implemented Cabinet decision 353 on the raised fees. Other decisions had not been implemented. These stipulate extending help to the construction sector to promote it.
Al-Shareef said that the rate of Saudis on the payroll in the sector was at five percent. With the help of the Nitaqat program, aimed at increasing Saudization, it reached seven percent. Now the ministry demands Saudization in our sector should be 50 percent, said Al-Shareef, and that is impossible.
“It seems this last decision is to punish the contractors. If we look at the heart of the matter, we will not find two million Saudi job seekers as demanded,” he added.
There are 1.3 million job seekers registered with the Hafez program, Al-Shareef said, but women constitute 80 percent of this number. Estimates of Riyadh Chamber of Commerce indicate that the direct increase in this sector is 4 to 5 percent.
The Inflation rate will increase to 30 percent, prices will go up accordingly, he added.
Both Al-Hamadi and Al-Shareef agree that construction losses will exceed SR 16 billion as a result of this decision.
“The decision, in its current form, is not favorable to Saudization, or nationalization for that matter. It doesn't serve any purpose,” said Abdullah Almubti, head of the Council of Chambers. He added that the decision would have a negative impact on all business sectors that depend on technical and professional labor.

Ref: http://www.arabnews.com/contractors-see … -labor-fee

Guys,
I urge you not to put up news on EB without any source/link.
Just putting up something that you've heard from some of your cheeky friend doesn't help anyone here rather creates more of confusion.
Regards

pkmusd wrote:

Guys,
Just putting up something that you've heard from some of your cheeky friend doesn't help anyone here rather creates more of confusion.
Regards

Pointing towards "my" comment @pkmusd?

TheLegendLeads wrote:
pkmusd wrote:

Guys,
Regards

Pointing towards "my" comment @pkmusd?

no buddy, you posted arab news article :) I am referring to original post followed by comments clarifying that is it true or not.

Just paid 1,700 to get my multi-entry today.

glad i got mine when it was 500

borntobemild wrote:

Just paid 1,700 to get my multi-entry today.

How come 1700?
Whats the calc

before it was 500. now its 1700. Before + newBSlaws = 1700

about about dependants?

The SADAD services on Bank websites still say:

- Single Entry visa: 200 SAR
- Multiple Entry visa: 500 SAR

Same applies to dependents. Will check with my always-informed HR department tomorrow.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Same applies to dependents. Will check with my always-informed HR department tomorrow.

Agree.....

khuramluck wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Agree.....

Yeah thats it, I will also check with my govt office guy.

I checked and they saying exit re-entry fees will be 200 SR per month,
that is,
200 SR for one month exit re-entry,
400 SR for 2 months exit re-entry
600 SR for 3 months exit re-entry.....

The above information is "Unconfirmed". Could someone pls verify this?

Ehtesham wrote:

I checked and they saying exit re-entry fees will be 200 SR per month,
that is,
200 SR for one month exit re-entry,
400 SR for 2 months exit re-entry
600 SR for 3 months exit re-entry.....

The above information is "Unconfirmed". Could someone pls verify this?

any news abt multiple?