New To Jakarta

Hi Everyone!

I will be moving to Jakarta in early January, does anyone know if there are any sport clubs for expats, mostly looking for a volleyball team that I can join.

thanks!

Hi,

I just returned from Jakarta. It is nice place, lots of clubs and bars. Where are you from anyway?. I am sure you will find few sports clubs there.

-zam-

Go to bars like Eastern Promise, Cazbar, Aphrodite,Fez, Murphy's etc. Play pool with them and ask them about other sports they're playing. Usually they have team for futsal etc

Sophie Fisher wrote:

Go to bars like Eastern Promise, Cazbar, Aphrodite,Fez, Murphy's etc. Play pool with them and ask them about other sports they're playing. Usually they have team for futsal etc

dont forget also try bats :)

if you want to practise you first have to go the BARS!!!! and if you don't find a club you may go back to the BARS!!! and start playing darts!!!

i will help you . if you are in Jakarta call me 0838 73 22 60 49 . thx

Hi Zam, im from colombia and you_

Sophie and sandra, the bar Expertise :P
hehe..

Well, I wouldnt recommend BATS, as it is a club-like more than a bar. Besides most of the foreigners there are guys (older) who are looking for some "fun". Bars like Molly Malone's and Murphy's are more friendly and easier to talk to people as it is not noisy.

Depends. If you're looking for Bars filled with friendly locals, your choices are almost unlimited :)

While they may not have a BAR architecture per se, the essence are generally the same. Moovina, Skye, Beer Garden, Beer Brothers, Parc 19, Camden, Bureau, Yeyo, and that's just stating South Jakarta Area.

Hi,

are you already in Jakarta?. I was there last week. I should have contacted before...i forgot to check this blog.

-zam-