Driving License Renewal

I had given my Iqama to my new sponser for my transfer before 2 months. Till now , I have not got my Iqama. My old company is in RED Nitaq. The new company told that they have submitted my file to Labour office and it will take time.
Now , next week my Driving license is going to expire and I need to renew it.
What are the procedures , since I don't have my Iqama.
Do I need a letter from my new company ?
What should I do ?

Thank you.

No need letter from sponsor....but your iqama should be valid..and you have to submit original expired driving License(some time they ask for original iqama).

They always ask for your iqama, i just renewed mine last month....
It is better to take letter from your company and show them that your iqama is in under transfer process... they just need your iqama number....

hope it will work

Best of luck

aftabksa wrote:

They always ask for your iqama, i just renewed mine last month....
It is better to take letter from your company and show them that your iqama is in under transfer process... they just need your iqama number....

hope it will work

Best of luck

Thank you , Inshaallah they renew my License without hastle !!!

Hi. I am working now with my new company and with new iqama. I had now a driving license which expiration still on year 2019. My concern is that, my driving license is under sponsored by my old company and old iqama number. And my car estemarah is named after my old iqama number.
--Is it OK to continue driving here in Jeddah using my current driving license, but with my new iqama?
--Do i need to renew my driving license (prior to my new company / new iqama) even my license is not yet expired?
--If ever i will renew, how is the process, do i still need company letter ?
What should I do? Need your kind advice. Thanks a lot
--

It's not OK to drive on your old driving license. The reason is that your driving license# was same as you iqama#. When your old iqama has been cancelled, your license is also cancelled automatically. If you do drive on your old drv license and someone notices, you'll get into serious troubles.

The good news is that it's easy to get a drv lic with new number. Once you get your iqama, just visit the nearby drv school. You'll need your original iqama and a copy, 2 photographs and your old license. No letter needed. The fee is:

200 SAR for 5 yrs
400 SAR for 10 yrs.

15 minutes job if there are no long waiting queues.

reydeguzman16 wrote:

Hi. I am working now with my new company and with new iqama. I had now a driving license which expiration still on year 2019. My concern is that, my driving license is under sponsored by my old company and old iqama number. And my car estemarah is named after my old iqama number.
--Is it OK to continue driving here in Jeddah using my current driving license, but with my new iqama?
--Do i need to renew my driving license (prior to my new company / new iqama) even my license is not yet expired?
--

Thank you. How about my estemerah/ car documents which is also under my old iqama?

Kabayan, if you have new iqama, new company and expiration date, in short everything must be renew from drivers license to istimarah because everything was connected to our iqama...fix this as early as you can just like thelegendleads said before you get into serious troubles. goodluck. :)

Did you leave on a final exit last time? I am wondering how was it possible to get a final exit visa with a car in your name.

reydeguzman16 wrote:

Thank you. How about my estemerah/ car documents which is also under my old iqama?

Yes , i did final exit before. I am using car with a monthly installment (in 4 years to pay). The estemarah is with my name as a user, but the ownership were still in the car dealer. Because I did not yet pay full amount of the car, the name of ownership were still with the car dealer, not after in my name. That's why no car ownership will appear on my name even on final exit.

But i deposited at least 2 months advance before I make an Exit. So, no pending payments will appear and I still continue to use the car when I return Saudi.

Hi,

Please follow the website which would provide you some idea about how to do it.

wikiprocedure.com >> Saudi Arabia >> Saudi Arabia General

reydeguzman16 wrote:

But i deposited at least 2 months advance before I make an Exit. So, no pending payments will appear and I still continue to use the car when I return Saudi.

The car still belongs to the car dealer. Check with them.

Can you please list the procedure of getting a new driving license with a new iqama (My old driving license is still Valid for 4 more years but I have a new sponser & new iqama).

Where to go in a driving school ( in Riyadh - old or new Dallah). My old license is from Damamam.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

It's not OK to drive on your old driving license. The reason is that your driving license# was same as you iqama#. When your old iqama has been cancelled, your license is also cancelled automatically. If you do drive on your old drv license and someone notices, you'll get into serious troubles.

The good news is that it's easy to get a drv lic with new number. Once you get your iqama, just visit the nearby drv school. You'll need your original iqama and a copy, 2 photographs and your old license. No letter needed. The fee is:

200 SAR for 5 yrs
400 SAR for 10 yrs.

15 minutes job if there are no long waiting queues.

reydeguzman16 wrote:

--

I just came back here in KSA under new contract and employer, my question is my driver license was under my previous co. sponsorship when i go for final exit my co. took my original driver license and i have only a scanned copy under my possession, i gave this scanned copy to my new sponsor to apply for change sponsorship but unfortunately they are telling me that new regulation of KSA is that if you don't have the original driver license you need again to do the examination.

boy12345 wrote:

my drivers license was in riyadh, I am leaving now in jeddah and may drivers license is already expired, I want to renew here in jeddah, what will I do? please help me...

You can renew it anywhere you like. Just visit a Dallah close to you and ask any shop outside there to prepare your file. You'll need a couple of photographs, original iqama and the expiring drv license.

Change of IQAMA-ID Un expired-Drivers License.

Note; at your Driver License, your iqama ID # should be be the same in order to keep away from trouble.

I just update my new Iqama/ID# on my 10-years Driver License from previous company as must requirement by traffic police at Riyadh.

A. Before you proceed to Main Reception in the nearest drivers license office (DLO), kindly bring and do the following to save your time.

1. Green Folder- (2-Riyal)
2. Passport photocopy
3. Visa Entry photocopy
3. 1-pc Passport Photo (Bring extra 1 pc.)
4. Iqama ID photocopy
5. Drivers License (Old but not expired)
6.*Pay in the bank using ATM (200-SR  for 2-years or 400-SR for 10 years). Note 2 years could enough. You can pay this online or at the nearest ATM before the day you report to DLO)

If you have no ATM, you can go outside and look for office offering this service to pay for your governmental fess. Usually they will ask a service charge of 20 to 30 SR. You can Pay 20-SR with your wise reason. Note, ask for fatura/receipt or you may let them sign as proof that they received your money for future purposes.

B. Present all the documents inside the green file with your Driver license and Iqama ID at Main Reception  and ask for the FORM. He will check all your requirement and will guide you to finish the procedures. Be attentive while calling your names after they approved your papers. 

C. It will only take 1 to 2 hours to finish the process. (it would be better if you will ask permission at your office work or supervisor for a half day process)

D. Report to the DLO at 8:00 am. This procedure is only for morning session. Do not go beyond 10-am or else you will be requested to return by next early morning.  Early birds always has advantage.

D. Note: Beware to those guys outside to ask you to pay for eye medical certificate or stamp as requirement.(sometimes they will convince you to pay 50-70 SR). It is not required! Note also, no need for you to undergo driving and computer test.

I hope the above information will help you. "Sow respect and you will reap respect".

its good know this procedures. at least this will save your time but we have to check if the car is under your name of company/leasing name before going exit.

I have a saudi driving license which is already expired before 6 years on old passport and old iqama, I lost my old license but have a color copy of that can anyone let me know how i can renew my license with new PP and new Iqama. That would be a great help. Thanks

Dear KURT ZEMO,

Your reply is very helpful but i am very confused because we also have the other option which is REPLACEMENT and it is only 100 sr. Should i choose this one or the renewal option?

thank you.

I just came back here in KSA under new contract and employer, my question is my driver license was under my previous co. sponsorship when i go for final exit and went to work in UAE, I submitted KSA license and got UAE driving license.Now I only have copy of KSA license. How can I get KSA license on new Iqama without going for driving test?

Sir, my drivers license was lost on 2008 and also expires on the same year and I didn't do anything about it due to some problems it slips to my mind. Sir, Now I have a family and we really need a personal transportation what shall I do now Im transffered to a new sponsor and I don't even have a copy of my old license.

Respectfully yours
Yusuf

Thank you for your kind detail reply. It is Very useful.Can I go to Muroor Office or Where is the DLO locations in Riyadh?
Thank you

My old drivers license is with my former sponsor... It is still valid for 8 yrs. how can i renew it with my new employer?

Once the Driving License is expired, it should be your top priority to renew it. If you meet with any accident causing loss of life, the only punishment is execution. They don't even accept the “Blood Money” which is generally accepted if you have valid license. They have explained the procedure of renewing driving license in the link below. Please don't delay it.

life-in-saudiarabia.blogspot.com/2014/03/renewal-of-saudi-driving-license.html

Salaam
   May i ask, normally how much years have in expired saudi licence

Respected sir
I am Suneer P.P,Worked at Soudi Arabia before 4 years. I had a driving licence of Soudi .Now I am working in Dubai. My Soudi licence had already expired. Can I renew my licence from Dubai itself. I am unable to come Soudi and renew. So please give me proper instructions.
Thanking you
Suneer p.p

I joined in new company at dammam. Before i was working in Jubail. I don't have my old license copy.But i have my old iqama copy. Is that possible to get the old license copy with the old iqama number.
Kindly advise.

Dear Hushbrown,

Please, let me know what's the actual feess

Hello sir.. i already renew my driving licence from absher... and where will i get my new card?

tintojacob wrote:

Hello sir.. i already renew my driving licence from absher... and where will i get my new card?

Any Muroor Office within 7 Days otherwise there will be a fine of 100 SR

KURT ZEMO wrote:

Change of IQAMA-ID Un expired-Drivers License.

Note; at your Driver License, your iqama ID # should be be the same in order to keep away from trouble.

I just update my new Iqama/ID# on my 10-years Driver License from previous company as must requirement by traffic police at Riyadh.

A. Before you proceed to Main Reception in the nearest drivers license office (DLO), kindly bring and do the following to save your time.

1. Green Folder- (2-Riyal)
2. Passport photocopy
3. Visa Entry photocopy
3. 1-pc Passport Photo (Bring extra 1 pc.)
4. Iqama ID photocopy
5. Drivers License (Old but not expired)
6.*Pay in the bank using ATM (200-SR  for 2-years or 400-SR for 10 years). Note 2 years could enough. You can pay this online or at the nearest ATM before the day you report to DLO)

If you have no ATM, you can go outside and look for office offering this service to pay for your governmental fess. Usually they will ask a service charge of 20 to 30 SR. You can Pay 20-SR with your wise reason. Note, ask for fatura/receipt or you may let them sign as proof that they received your money for future purposes.

B. Present all the documents inside the green file with your Driver license and Iqama ID at Main Reception  and ask for the FORM. He will check all your requirement and will guide you to finish the procedures. Be attentive while calling your names after they approved your papers. 

C. It will only take 1 to 2 hours to finish the process. (it would be better if you will ask permission at your office work or supervisor for a half day process)

D. Report to the DLO at 8:00 am. This procedure is only for morning session. Do not go beyond 10-am or else you will be requested to return by next early morning.  Early birds always has advantage.

D. Note: Beware to those guys outside to ask you to pay for eye medical certificate or stamp as requirement.(sometimes they will convince you to pay 50-70 SR). It is not required! Note also, no need for you to undergo driving and computer test.

I hope the above information will help you. "Sow respect and you will reap respect".

My Driver's License has been expired for 2 weeks now.  I just received my iqama from my new sponsor.

Is the procedure of replacing my old driver's license the same? 

Do I need to have medical tests (eye & blood tests)?

Thanks in advance.

Just Renew it in the MOI website, pay the money online for the duration you want it for (5yrs, 10years), take the print out and go to the motor driving school, where they issue the DL cards. 10-15 mins and you will get your renewed DL. But make sure, your medical records shall be updated in the MOI system.

HI there, did you change your license from old ikama to new one, what is the cost And let me know the required

Shabeeravs wrote:

HI there, did you change your license from old ikama to new one, what is the cost And let me know the required

No, I just renewed mine from the same IQAMA !! So no idea how it works with respect to iqama change.

My Saudi Arabia's Driver's License has expired two years ago but not before I went to exit, now that I have returned to Saudi Arabia can I still be able to renew my DL? what would be the requirements or is there any penalty?

jakkvr

My  saudi driving license is exprired since last june and my iqama still ok and will be expired on november 2017, my problem is  I have court case for pne lending company that I garantor my friend to lend but he go for exit and did not come back now my I gave case in the courth my bank account is frozen as well ban in jawazat. Do you have any idea that I can renew my driving license

I want to know that, i have to change my old driving license to my new iqama but 300/= penalty available in my old driving license. i should pay that or no???

Dear,

Please share complete process details step by step , as I am facing same issue I have old driving licens on old iqama, which is valid till 2023 & I want to have it re-printed based on my new ID.

Waiting for clear steps , as well as please let me know which option I have to select while paying 200 SR, replace or renew ? plus which location I can visit to have it issued quickly.

I am at Riyadh..

Looking forward for your quick response

Waiting for Quick replies .. Please.