Shopping in Malta

Hi there all

My husband and I want to do some shopping in Malta soon, we want to go to The Tigne Point Shopping Centre and if possible a large Lidl store, can anyone tell me if these two destinations can be reached by bus and whether we have to go into Valetta and catch the bus from there or do any run from the ferry port please?

Thankyou

Hi rainbow,

I would suggest taking the 222 from Cirkewwa to bus stop near the Fortina Hotel. It is only a few steps to Tigne Point from there.

Then take the 225 from Sliema ferries to San Gwann. Get off near police station - Lidl is just around the corner.

After shopping at Lidl get back on 225 to Mosta and change bus there to 41 or 42 which will (should)take you back to Cirkewwa.

Enjoy your day in Sliema (don't forget that you need a new day ticket in Cirkewwa). Gozo one doesn't count on the main island.

Cheers
Ricky

Thankyou Ricky that is very helpful and informative

Just a thought - it might be even more stressful carrying shopping around with you...if either of you can drive you can hire a car on the malta side for as little as 15-20 euros for the day.....but then you would still have the carrying of shopping on the ferry and the gozo side.

I thought that there was a ferry from Gozo to Valletta ( twice a week?) or is that just for freight?

Terry

Just wanted to thank you again Ricky for your instructions for the buses the other day, my husband and I had a good day in Malta today and your instructions really helped us find our way about.

tearnet wrote:

I thought that there was a ferry from Gozo to Valletta ( twice a week?) or is that just for freight?

Terry

There is but it only stays in Valletta for an hour or so

Hi rainbow,

I'm glad you had a nice shopping day and that the Arriva buses worked for you. Thanks for the feedback-)))

Cheers
Ricky