King Faisal Hospital Jeddah, Amoudia Compound Question

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and joined because it seems like everyone's so great here and really resourceful!!  I've learned a lot by just reading threads.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me about Amoudia Compound? I've visited the compound website and it looks alright I guess. There are no inside pictures of the family apartments anywhere on the net!  I have no idea what they look like compared with what the nurses' housing looks like. We are coming to Jeddah as a family as my husband has been offered a position with King Faisal that qualifies for family.

1) As far as the onsite living amenities, can anyone tell me what they have for kids, shopping, groceries, especially for ladies only things (separate from men), beauty salon .. etc. Whatever they have would be great to know about.  How about a drop off / pick up service for kids going to school?

2) Can you change the furniture that is in the apartment and have your own furniture (bought from a local furniture store) delivered to your place?   Will the compound people pick up their furniture or do you have to arrange that?

3) Pools and gyms  - From what I gather, single ladies live in their own section. Is this right? If so, can ladies living in the family housing section come to swim in the single ladies only pool? Also is there a gym only for ladies?  I am Muslim so I don't swim in front of men in public but would LOVE to go swimming in a ladies section and work out in a gym etc.  Is this going to be possible?  Can I just walk over or is there some sort of security or something that would not allow me to use the single ladies facilities? 

4) Is there a also a female only beauty salon?

Thank you so much in advance!

Don't know much about the compound itself - but one of the streets that is the boundary of the compound is the main area in Al Khaledeyyah for beauty salons - there are at least 8 on this street and many others just off it. All of these salons are ladies only.

Also at the end of the same street - on Rawdah Street is a large Danube supermarket - the compound is also directly opposite a large mall - Stars Avenue - on cnr Sari/King Rds that contains a Manuel supermarket.

thank you so much! I looked on google maps and there is also a Krispy Kreme yummy!

Salam,

The compound is in a good location; good size buildings but was unused for around 15-20 years and renovated around 7 years ago sooo you know what that means.

You can change the furniture and the compound people will move and store it for you. But if I were you I will only accessories the apartment to meet my taste and save my money.

Yes you can use the ladies only pool, and am sure that they have ladies only gym (all third party- governmental hospital and KFSH is one of them) do.

There are scheduled bus services to take you to malls and take kids to school.
In Jeddah, there are more than 4000 ladies only Salons ( it called Mashgal) so only worry about how much you want to spend . Near your compound there are  some of the best ones in Jeddah.

Best Luck

Salamalaikum Myyams, The KFSH Amoudia Compounds seems to have more offer for what I see from the website. I guess you don't need to be worry for this. Inshallah your family will have a wonderful staying in Jeddah.:)

Walaikum Salam,

I am sure a lot of people must have felt this certain level of unease of not really knowing what one is getting into, being across seas and all of the uncertainties.

Someone told me that the buildings are old as someone pointed out and in need of renovating and also that the a/c are always breaking down. She moved from there just 2 years ago. Could it have just been her apartment or does anyone else have any first hand experience?

I appreciate all of your help.