Living in the Ukraine for 4 months?

I am going to be taking a language course in the Ukaraine for 4 months.. I will be doing a Host Family with Bed and Breakfast. How much will it cost for food (2 meals a day and snakcs ect.) for 16 weeks? How much is a bus pass for 1 month? Activities I might want to do? If you were going for 16 weeks how much do you think would be a good amount of money to bring for food transportation and extra stuff you might do? In USD?

Hi and welcome to Expat.com kait95!

Your post has been moved to the Ukraine forum for better visibility.
I hope other members will be able to advise you soon.

Regards
Armand

Hello,welcome to Ukraine!
About food.This depends on your preferences.I'd advise you to have one hundred hryvnias per day,it's around 13 USD.Though it's quite possible to eat here having 50 hryvnias.But you have to take into account individualities of different places.For example,in Kiev I'd rather have not less  than 200-300 hryvnias per day,here,in Dnipropetrovsk,100 would be enough.(I didn't mean restaurants and cafes in this text lol)
About the bus pass.I don't think you can get a bus pass here.You just have to pay fare every time you get on the bus.In Dnipropetrovsk a ticket costs 3 hryvnias,around 0,40 USD.In Kiev it may be two times more.
About the accomodation.I've been living here all my life and I've never known a Host family.But I'm not sure this kind of travelling  doesn't exist here.To rent a flat in Dnipropetrovsk costs about 3300-4000 hryvnias per month,i.e. 400-500 USD (just like in Berlin!..haha)A room-around 50 hryvnias per day,i.e. 210 dollars per month.
Activities.I'd say this item also depends on which city you'll live in.And to speak sincerely,I know that here if you have not very much of money your activies are going to hover somewhere above zero,if you have enough of that stuff,you won't be able to make out if it's Western Europe or what lol But I'd advise to have not less than 100 hryvnias (13 USD) per day.
So I think it'd be enough to have 6000-8000 USD for the term you're going to spend here.
From my own experience I could say that usually foreigners are surprised to know about our prices,always say it's cheap.In general they like it here.
Wish you good luck!

100-150 hrivnas per day ($13-18) would be enough for meal, especially if you choose cheaper places like DOmahnya kuhnya, Puzata Khata etc

kait95 wrote:

I am going to be taking a language course in the Ukaraine for 4 months.. I will be doing a Host Family with Bed and Breakfast. How much will it cost for food (2 meals a day and snakcs ect.) for 16 weeks? How much is a bus pass for 1 month? Activities I might want to do? If you were going for 16 weeks how much do you think would be a good amount of money to bring for food transportation and extra stuff you might do? In USD?

What city are you coming to? The cost will depend on your location, city size and so on.

i live in russia for 5 years,,,i move down to ukraine.am here now for about 3 years,,,so if u want to come down here all depend on which city u want to visit and ur plans in staying and wat u really want to do or how u want to spend ur time.