Ex-pat children in Maltese schools

ah, I forgot to add - I am especially interested is it possible to avoid religion classes.

Hi!  :)
I have recently moved to Sliema with my family. I have two girls age 6 (just turned 6) and 2,5. The older one has developmental dysphasia related to speech. As I understand, she would need to start school, but I am not sure when since it is almost April and she knows only about 50 words in English and zero Maltese.
Do you know to whom I can talk to to get reliable information?
My working permit is in progress, and I'm not sure when the two of them will get the residence permit.
I would prefer to avoid church schools, as we are not Catholics. Can anyone recommend a solid and affordable school and kindergarten in Sliema, St. Julians or Gzira (my office is there)?
What is the range of the school /kindergarten costs per year?

Thank you all in advance :)

Hello Brayster99,

I came across this post and found it of great help. I'm quite curious to know which school you ended up choosing for your children and were they happy there?

My son is going to be 3 soon and sending him to school this early is quite alien to me, however it seems completely normal here. As expats we want our son to start his schooling in an international/private school environment, my understanding is that many expats go here and I think he would be less likely to be isolated, compared to state school. However I could be very wrong it is just the information I have heard from expats and Maltese so far.  Catholic schooling is not an option for us.

I know it has been years since your post, but I would appreciate any advice or insight you could give.

Dree1234 wrote:

Hello Brayster99,

I came across this post and found it of great help. I'm quite curious to know which school you ended up choosing for your children and were they happy there?

My son is going to be 3 soon and sending him to school this early is quite alien to me, however it seems completely normal here. As expats we want our son to start his schooling in an international/private school environment, my understanding is that many expats go here and I think he would be less likely to be isolated, compared to state school. However I could be very wrong it is just the information I have heard from expats and Maltese so far.  Catholic schooling is not an option for us.

I know it has been years since your post, but I would appreciate any advice or insight you could give.

You have replied to a post from 2012 the person you referred to does not participate on here anymore.
Its advisable to do a search on newer posts or start a new topic, good luck.