Noodling about housing

I'm in the States. From what I pick up from afar is that rentals are becoming more expensive, so obviously demand is up. The view from here is that there's a real estate boom and a surge of realtors stepping in to marry up gringos with gringo prices.

What led me to post is when I started thinking of the social ecology of rentals, some of which are temporary homes until buying, others that serve a growing class of permanent resident renters, [who usually don't stay in one place at first], and some other temporary occupants leave within a couple of years.

So then, I realized that if there is a substantial pool of rentals in Cuenca, from which every month scores of people are probably rotating in or out of the pool, even during times of high prices [a product more of situational opportunity than actual demand?], then availability is fairly stable, if I am correct in this conclusion. Am I?

You're thinking WAY too much, amigo. Turnover is by definition high for short-term rentals, but there isn't that much bouncing around among permanent residents. Because of this and the growing expat community in Cuenca, quality rentals are probably becoming harder to find.

thinking too much, or you just don't agree, there's a difference, but I did ask, and there you are.

No need to be so sensitive, Bob. It's not really about agreeing or disagreeing. The difference is I live here and you don't.