How to deal with Dutch people?

How to deal with Dutch people? Like to start a conversation..because it hesitates me to speak English. And I think many of them doesn't like it. Some people likes to talk to their same nationality (Dutch) because they can express their feelings and build up a conversation with a group or one on one.

Hi myduchess, I've never had any problems dealing with Dutch people, I think they are good well mannered Europeans and great adventurers by the way. I think your question should have been, "How to deal with Russian people on holiday"

Cheers Trade.

Hello, I am not sure what your situation is. Dutch people don't mind being addressed in English and often use it as an opportunity to practice this language. However, it is hard in some cases because you don't get in touch with the locals so your options of meeting Dutch people and keeping a meaningful conversation with them are pretty limited. Maybe the best way to do this is just to start?

Don't be shy and go for it!
Dutch people would love to meet new people and the most of them are capable to speak English.

So get off from that couch :P

Thank you for all your comments. It's just difficult for me how to start a conversation with them. Because I feel like I am bit awkward if I started to speak English. When I start to speak in English it looks like they don't listen to me. I am bit frustrated about it.

First of all you will note a difference between Dutch and Flemish people.
Sensitivity: A Flemish will definitely appreciate that you at least try to speak his language and do not get an attitude of conqueror imposing your language.
Dutch people are more tolerant with foreigners.
The actual generation is bilingual and will have a chat with you in English.
Both are described as hard worker but the mentality of the Flemish is more conservative than the liberal(not in the political sense)  Dutch citizen.
If you are looking for work I advice you to start with a home based business before you move to The Netherland.
It is what I am doing now in Australia and I do not have the problem to find a job because my work from home is following me.

myduchess wrote:

I feel like I am bit awkward if I started to speak English. When I start to speak in English it looks like they don't listen to me. I am bit frustrated about it.

A trick that I've been using "forever" is to learn a couple of phrases in the foreign language and next ask politely if the person you're talking to is speaking English.

In Dutch that would be: "Hallo, ik ben Gary. Ik spreek niet zo veel Nederlands - spreekt u Engels?"

Make sure you know at least a couple of Dutch phrases and use them when appropriate.

When you're planning to stay longer in any foreign country you should at least try to learn the language, of course.

I agree with Gary, this is the way that I do too.

With a mix of Arabic and English I can communicate with the locals. And after a while I learn more and more Arabic and have to use less English.