South Africa to Mauritius - any advice?

Hello.
I am a single independant lady who is looking to possibly escape from the rat-race and go and live somewhere more peaceful.
After just spending 3 weeks away from home on holiday in the Maldives the idea of living more permanently close to beautiful beaches sounds appealing.
I am aware that Mauritius is rated as a stable place to live and so I'm considering it.
I'm not sure exactly which route to take to get to stay: I certainly don't have any job offer and while I have some financial resources I don't have any particularly viable business ideas. I'm not quite old enough to go as a retiree (it would be very nice if I had stayed long enough to qualify for longer stay by the time I am old enough!)
My work experience is in broadcast television and video; I also did qualify some years ago as a scuba instructor but I'm no longer current (plus I seem to have read that foreigners can't work in watersport??)
So I'd welcome any suggestions from the experts on this forum! How would you suggest I go about coming to live in beautiful Mauritius?
Also as far as areas are concerned - where is the best diving so I can indulge my passion?
Thanks!!

Hello diverdi,

Welcome to expat-blog :)

I suggest you take a look to Guide Mauritius. You might find some useful informations.

I am sure our members will sure be helping.

Good luck,
Melissa

Thanks Melissa. I will read the guide and look forward to other people's comments as well!

Hi diverdi,

[please post in the classifieds]

Rgds
JC

Hi JC. All plans on moving to Mauritius are on indefinite hold but thanks for the post.
Di