What is the average teacher salary in Kuwait please help

Hello I am wondering what the average teacher salary in Kuwait is for a western middle/intermediate and high school teacher teaching science courses.

What is the maximum salary that is negotiable and what is the minimum salary?

It depends on your nationality! Yes I know that may come as a shock but I worked as a principal for an elementary school here in Kuwait, you also must have a degree in Education or in English to be contracted legally! This is required by the Ministry Of Education....American teachers are paid an average of between 600-850 kd...sometimes housing is provided as well as a ticket home each summer..depends on which school you will be working for! Hope this helps!

IPC wrote:

It depends on your nationality! Yes I know that may come as a shock but I worked as a principal for an elementary school here in Kuwait, you also must have a degree in Education or in English to be contracted legally! This is required by the Ministry Of Education....American teachers are paid an average of between 600-850 kd...sometimes housing is provided as well as a ticket home each summer..depends on which school you will be working for! Hope this helps!

Thank you for your reply! I am a Canadian citizen. You mentioned you are a principal, how does one qualify to be a principle in Kuwait, do they only look at Masters degree in education? How much does a principle make on average versus a teacher?

Thank you for your help