Mabuhay Kapwa Pilipino! Hello World!

Greetings!

Scandy here.;)
I've been reading this site for quite some time now even when I was back in Philippines seeking infos about living in Oman. Now that I've finally made it to Oman, I decided to register seeing that almost all are friendly I'm hoping to make some new friends here..Yeeey! :D

It had been over a week since I got here, and by registering in ExpatBlog i'm hoping some of you might help me in my quest to land a job. :)I'm a registered nurse and I understand I need to obtain my MOH license first before I could apply for a nurse position. I'm a bit familiar as to how MOH licensing process goes however advise,suggestions and experiences from my fellow Filipino nurses out there who are in the same situation or had been in my shoes before would be an EXCELLENT amount of help! (or perhaps anyone can direct me to a forum which has the same content :D )

Plus, does anybody know if there are hospitals around Muscat that do direct hiring?

Thanks in advance people. :D:D:D

x x x

http://www.earlylearninghq.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Welcome-banner.jpg

Hello Scandy,

On behalf of the entire Expat-blog Team, welcome on board. I hope you will find your experience on the blog both informative and enjoyable. Good luck with your job hunting too!

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Thank you so much Sir William James Woodward :D:):D

Welcome Scandy here in EB, wishing you a better life in Oman. wish you where here in Jeddah so I can help you hihihi....goodluck :)

salamat JasfurJQ :)

Hi Scandy,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have moved your topic on the Muscat forum for better visibility.

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

Best of luck,
Christine

Contact me so that i can help you with hospitals around here..

dimharu wrote:

Contact me so that i can help you with hospitals around here..

hello dimharu.. are you a nurse , too?

@dimharu - Maybe you can share some informations directly on the forum so that other members can benefit from it as well. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello scandy welcome to this forum and Oman, Oman is a lovely place. You must apply in Badrusama having branches all around muscat.

omanipaki wrote:

Hello scandy welcome to this forum and Oman, Oman is a lovely place. You must apply in Badrusama having branches all around muscat.

hello Omanipaki :D . i agree, i am loving Oman now. :)
Omanis are nice people. if you smile at them , they do so in return.
and there are several expats i've encountered so far that are nice as well, especially my Kababayans. Im delighted when my fellow Filipinoes spare their time for chitchats or even just a smile. :)

x x x

welcome here in Oman.... i hope u will finish MOH procedure very soon. if you need any more help I am here to help u always.
be in touch.

Max.

there is private hospitals in oman can hire direct like

Badr Sama Hospitals
kims hospitals
Atlas hospitals
Lama poly clinic...

i couldnt get your query exactly ...

let me know if you need any specific information.

@mascojack (Max) and wellwisher... thanks guys for your responses! :) much appreciated!

i happen to visit Atlas and Badr Al sama (i dunno exactly where that  is,cuz i know der are many branches here) ... and they all asked if i hav MOH... the thing is according to one of the HR weve spoken to, i cant take an MOH if i dont have some kind of sponsorship/sponsor letter from a certain clinic ... and i still need to visit the MOH Main office, which im aware is in Al  Khwuair, so i could get a precise info as to how the process goes. (so if a nurse out there who's knowledgeable with this, id be overjoyed for your help :D )

also, id like to share with you guys the offer i had from this one private hospital.. (cuz im having trouble deciding on this one)

so in this private hospital, their initial offer is 255 OMR, accomodaxn is just around the hosp. area, and they say it would take me aftr 2years before i could visit home, unlike govt hosp which i know would give u a chance to go home annualy,and might even have a higher offer ....so

i know u may think i could save up if im frugal enough, but ...
IS that amount would even suffice for the cost of living here in OMan?

x x x

dear Scandy.
if they r giving u accomdation its good. i think u can join and meanwhile you can see best alternative.

b:|ut take ur dession, somhow if you need any more help can reply me.

or ring me... 99029677.

max.

why,thank you scarface for the nice feedback towards my kababayans :))

so what is states? u joined somewhere?

ahem... hello post away....  :) active chatter!!  :P

Walang Online ??! anybody ...  :dumbom:

Hello Filipinos out here,

I would suggest to strictly use the English language because this site is not exclusively intended for one nationality.

Philippines has a high literacy in the English language, hence please use the language whenever it is needed.

Thank you.