Internet for only 2 months

Hello there!

I am going to move to Phnom Penh at December, but I will stay there for only 2 months. I will rent a apartment that doen't have internet, and I need fast Internet to work.

What do you suggest for me? I can't wait to much time to install adsl in my apartament. And I can't spend to much.

Does 3G is fast? What provider?
Is there any way to get Internet in a few days?

Thank you very much.
Liliane

Hi Liliane,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to help you.

All the best,
Christine

How about a dongle (USB) with metfone $30 and then just top it up? I put $20 on a month unlimited.

http://www.metfone.com.kh/en/Devices/List.aspx

yoour best deal should be smart 3G internet, do bring you own 3G modem as in cambodia it's not cheap.
SurfLikeCrazy To check remaining data *6666*2# To deactivate *6666*0#     100 MB    10 cents *6666# (auto renewal)    1 days
smart daily plan is very fast, if you finished 100M, just deactivate *6666*0#then reactivate*6666# again and again, it will accumulate.for 1G per day you only spend 1$,....Metfone is owned by communist vietnam, not reliable, high charges, plus censorship from communist countries.

Hi guys!
Thank you very much for these informations. It helps a lot!

I think I will take "smart" because it's cheaper and it has more GB per month. I think Metfone's speed comes down when you already use 5GB/month, right?

See ya,
Liliane