Work Visa and Family Visit Visa

Hi everyone!

My husband got an expat offer from a big MNC company in Qatar.  They are processing his work permit now. I need your help and advise on how the visa processing works there. Will I be going with him or the visa is only for him as sponsored by the company? If I can't, what would be our next option? We wanted to get a tourist visa for myself however, I need to be booked in a hotel (Philippines passport) in order to get one. We have  calculated and its gonna be costly. So I am wondering if I let my husband go first, how soon can he sponsor me to follow him? Or is there any other way that We can go together? Please help! We are so confused.

Thanks a lot.

Hi and welcome to the forum pitipat!

This article might help: Work visas in Qatar
Or why not seeking assistance from your husband's future employer?

Good luck
Armand

The best way is that your husband come to Qatar first and issue the working visa then he can request to add you as family member on his visa after approval from the sponsor company.

I would think that like where I work you come on a family visa - is he not on a married contract?  This would be sorted by his company - do they not know he is bringing his spouse.  With where I work (its big) the family all come out together - usually they process the working persons first and then the others  - some come out on a visit visa (I am NZ) so we just pay at the airport

its QR100 - but not only some nationalities can get it on arrival