Wifi Device

Hello!  I live in Santiago by the airport.  I am looking for an internet device that works around this area.  I was going to purchase the WireCom, but it doesn't work around the airport.  Can anyone tell me if Claro or Orange is a better wifi service?  I am looking to buy the device and pay monthly.  Any advice is greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

If you are getting cable TV see if they offer an internet service. If not try Claro first. WE had LOTS of problems with orange and had to cancel their service for poor preformance.

Bob K

Thanks Bob!  We don't have a tv at the apartment so no cable, but I will look into Claro. I don't want to buy the device and regret it later so hence the "research" of asking around. Thanks again!

You are welcome.  Good luck

Bob K

LOL.. Bob, I had the reverse.. Claro was supposed to come to the apt. and install 3 months ago.. Always some problems here and still have not seen them.. Gave up..... Had Silver Cable for a month.. Took them 3 days to come out.. Good service and polite....  Like Orange.. (phone) better than Claro... I use the wifi from the Punta Cana resort... (stinks at best) but not doing anything till I see where I am actually gonna be.... Did get a 4 mile wifi antenna and booster of eBay to help....

Ours is strictly cable and very fast internet.
In our rental condo we have a claro land  line and pretty good internet with it as well.
We don't use any boosters other that the one in the house to create a wi/fi environment in the house.

BObK

Greetings Bob, have you tested the speed to see how fast is the download/upload? At speedtest.net you can run the test for free, Im curious to see how much speed is possible out here Kbps/Mbps either measurement would do just fine. Thanks.

Test all the time. Today Down = 3.12 down  and UP=1.85 and we can get faster if we want to more for it.  The service we use also gives us a US IP address which helps a lot with online shopping.

Bob K

Not too bad, is that DSL you are using? My girlfriend has one of those wifi box from orange with a prepaid plan, she pays about $25 U.S. a month, but only gets 3gigs on her data plan at fast speed after that gets used up, it pretty much slows down, but the service you have with an american IP is great, dit now know Claro could do that.

Actually we broke our contract with Orange, believe it or not, and it only took 8 months to do it as their "flybox" after 3 month did not work.
We have ours now through our cable provider and not Claro

Bob K