Info living expenses in Bordeaux HELP!

Hi, i am thinking of going to Bordeaux (Michel de Montaigne University Bordeaux 3) to learn french but i have noooo idea of the living costs there.

Could someone give me an prox of the living expenses for a month (rent included). I am a woman, single, no children, 27 yrs old. just the basics, no luxury or shoppings or things like that haha.

Thank you!!

Hi yadiram and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Wish you well,
Harmonie.

Hi ! i'm student in Bordeaux so i can tell you expect to pay around 420 euros for a place ('studio' apartment) for rent excluding utilities even though some may be included in the rent prices you see but only some NEVER all and NEVER gas/ electricity if utilities are included it's rubbish collection and building maintenance, sometimes heating and sometimes internet.

Then for food shopping i'd have to say 150 to 200 euros a month

transport card is 17 euros a month for under 25 year olds

then factor in anything else like books, going out, phone bill ... which is a subjective amount

hope this helped ! and btw, the rent i gave you is for a place in the center of bordeaux near tram lines i guess something cheaper can be found via student housing or just living on the outskirts of the town !

lindsay

Hi, linzij.. can you please give me your email, i want to ask you certain things about the university. Since i am living in Honduras right now its a little difficult to call the university. Please help me out!!!!