Singapore experts please

Hi
Husband is going to work in Shell Singapore (District 9), trying to gather info about accomidation locations (I'll be alone when he is in work so need a safe place. Rent fees (SGD 3000 to 4600)

Give me names of roads, districts, or any idea about areas you think are appropriate

Please help, i'm starting here

Regards

Hello farah_salim.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Singapore forum.

In meantime, you can read this article on Accommodation in Singapore.

Do not hesitate to post an advert in the Housing in Singapore section as well.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks for moving my post. Hope this will help me get good responses

Thanks in advance for everyone sharing

Have you done any research on Singapore at all?
Google might help you do so, but this forum also has a search function that will answer most of your questions.
In short:
- Singapore is small, so location with respect to work place is less important (unless you insist on max. 20min commute or less than 5min walk to the MRT).
- Everywhere in Singapore is safe.

That said, IF the workplace is on one of the offshore islands (where all refineries are), he can only reach work by company bus and will have a very long commute. There is no accommodation on the islands.

beppi, thanks for your response, as I said in my post I've started searching by asking here

I also did my search in google and found that the work place is nearly in District 9 which I guess is a bit expensive but was hoping to find a condo with a reasnoable price (is SGD 2000  is good, too much or little? in my country it is mid so i dont know)

You will not find any apartment for S$2000, not even very far from your workplace. Condos start at S$3500/month, HDBs would be around S$2500.
Your comment "rent fees are not a problem" is only justified if you have a budget of S$5000/month or higher - below that you will have to compromise somewhere (e.g. on location, and/or the "clean and modern" aspect).

beppi

thanks for your prompt reply..if we can find a condo for 3500-4000 then thats fine too..like i said, i dont know whats "ok" fees for such thing in SG..I'm guessing with our local rents which I know is wrong..but thats what a newbee like me does and learn:) (our centeral london apartment was 3700/ shocks me that SG is even more expensive)

but if the "no problem" is 5000 then I guess I DO have a problem:lol:  :lol: as we will be cross-posting for 2 years only, not worth it

I heared HBD are not easy to get?

any suggestions?

Singapore real estate is a lot more expensive than London.
If you aim for the lower range of Condos (just above S$3500), be prepared to compromise somewhere - least painful is probably location, but some places would require a car (another S$1500-2000/month expense!).
HDBs are usually in the outskirts, but transport links are good. They are not difficult to find, but standards are of course lower than Condos.

beppi
that was enlightening

I've changed my main post to a more specific request

hope I get a good response

Ahlan wa sahlan  Farah... I am sure you'll like staying in Singapore. I am now in Amman and I can't wait to be back in Singapore.

Hi farah_salim,

With respect to your queries, within walking distance to Shell Singapore, there are 2 bedrooms apartments that rent from SGD 3500 per month onwards.

I will also recommend the Novena area which is quite near to Shell. Rental for 2 bedrooms starts from SGD 3200 per month & it is near to a few shopping centres within walking distance.

If you need my help , feel free to contact me. :) I sent you a private message with my contact details.

I look forward to seeing you in Singapore.

Cheers,
Hazel