Flic en Flac

Hey guys,

Looks like I'm going to be living in Flic en Flac between Jan and April 2013. Would love any tips about where to go, what to do etc. I'm a Brit doing PhD fieldwork.

Look forward to hearing from some of you soon!

Hi Jennniff,

you'll love it, Flic en Flac is a really area. Beautiful beaches, a few restaurants and pubs (I love Kenzi bar for example a small pub with live music).

Things to do in 4 months ... just plenty :)

Hello Jenniff,

hope you are good and getting all ready to make the move over here.  I bet you wont regret it once. Its really far from the great british weather!lol... Flic en flac offers some of the best attractions a bit like the St Tropez of Mauritius with Cascavelle shoopping centre only jst opened makes it even better. As far as restaurants and bars are concerned there isnt a lack of it overthere, i would recommend you try a bit of everything when you are down here, you will find your favourite. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

you can go diving, abyss-mauritius.com/eng_index.htm
pm me if you want details

Hi Jennniff,

For starters you could take a look at Grand Basin, or the Black River National Park.

What's your PhD on? I'm guessing biological or reef conservation given your location?

David.

hi jenniff,if you love music and art they have an international community base in tamarin called Santosha Refuge,its near in flic en flac 10-15 minutes away..they welcome all expatriates,tourist,artist musician its an open music jam you just bring your own food and drinks and listen to the live music and unwind and relax and meet some beautiful people with a positive vibes ;+)you can also check there fb page at Santosha refuge community..

Onyx