Possible move to Indonesia

Hi everybody, I hope you are all well.

My name is Peter and I'm considering a job offer with a regional airline there starting next month (could be one of a dozen bases). I'm currently in Melbourne and have a young family who I would like to bring over, however my wife is naturally cautious to such a move and is quite worried about the kids education.

I've joined the group to read the blogs and perhaps make some new friends prior to coming and hope perhaps someone who has moved there in similar circumstances may be able to offer some advice or tips to make moving there/convincing the other half an easier process.

Have a great day, Peter

Peter, perhaps one thing you could do is to come to Indonesia before you start work with your family to help them see where and Indonesia is all about.

It might help your family see how Indonesia works. Living here is a challenge thats for sure but it is worth it in the end, if you are prepared to make some sacrifices to do that.

I hope it works out for you

Regards

Don't worry about the schools.
A pilot would easily be able to afford the Australian international school or where ever.

To get an idea of Indonesia....

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 573#527221

welcome to forum.

Thank you for the reply guys. Great photos Mas Fred! I have been to China numerous times and it seems to have the same feel as in the rural parts there.

My salary will not be at all great as I'm new to the industry. It's more for the experience. While I'm more than willing and able to make the sacrifice, my wife has indicated that she's not ready for the move just yet but may move back to Hong Kong wiht her family for a year or so and visit occasionally.

I am thinking of moving family to Bali to live. Have been there many times for holiday and each time we go it feels like we are coming home. My son does not really fit in in main stream school here in aus so are thinking of home schooling with the help of a few tutors. I will continue to work away and will return to Bali  regular basis. My wife will educate my son and maybe try to get some volunteer work helping at an orphanage. My son is due to start at new school in Feb 14 however he has been suspended 9 times this year from current school so not holding my breath.

Good News and Enjoy Indonesia