Looking for assistance in Denmark

Hi,

My name is Omal. I plan to come to Denmark next year, around April. I am looking for some assistance in getting accommodation, registrations with local authorities, etc, arranged. I will be on immigrant visa.

Also since I am completely new to Denmark, I would love to make friends with some people. If there is is some one who can show me around, hang out with, etc.

Please reply to me on omal_k(at)yahoo.com if you can help.

All answers are very much appreciated.

Cheers

Omal

Hello omal_k,

Welcome to expat-blog :)

For accommodation, have you thought checking our accommodation section; housing in Denmark? it might be helpful, you are also welcome to post an advert.

Where in Denmark are you planning to be?

Good luck,
Melissa

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for the message. I did go through this section. It is very informative.

I do not know much about Denmark. Guess I will have to start at Copenhagen. This is exactly why I need some assistance from some one as I am blank about Denmark at the moment.

I will need to find employment and do not know which city that would be in, etc. So if someone can help, it would be fantastic.

Cheers

Omal

Hi.

Maybe you should google Denmark, it will give you a bit of back ground information.

Try these sights for job opportunities, www.jobnet.dk and www.jobindex.dk I mus warn you that jobs are very hard to come by if you do not speak danish.

Also just put of curiosity "immigrant visa", I have never heard of that...? You should contact the danish consulate in your country to find out about visa regulations and the like.

Good Luck you you.

Regards
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thank you very much for your answer to my post.

It is the "Green Card" that I meant. I have applied through the consulate in my country.

I will certainly go through the links you gave.

The world becomes a better place because of people like you, who would take a moment to help another. Thank you.

Cheers

Omal

Hi Omal,

I arrived to Denmark a few months ago on a working holiday visa and have only just finished all my registrations... First step is to get yourself a CPR number (social securtity). I was abit lazy before arrive and didn't do this before arriving. I'm not sure if you acutally can though becuase you must register to a fixed home address, and probably be present in person, to get my CPR took 7wks.... 3wks for a letter to be sent to my Aunts house to confirm i was a resident there, and then another 4wks to receive my card in the mail. I wanted to join a Danish langague school to learn Danish, this meant I needed to vist my komune (city council) to ask for a referral letter, 4wks, and then the school takes another 4wks to asign me to a class. I'm not sure how much all of this could have been sped up - but it seems that there is a 'process' which needed to be followed, and they follow it.no short cuts it seems.

Don't let that put you off though, just try and do as much from home as possible.

As for accomidation, I'm living with family so can't help there.

Good luck, and let me know when your here and we'll have a beer in the city.

Cheers, Bent

Hey Bent,

Thanks for that response. Now I know what to look forward to, and it will not come as a surprise :-).

certainly will get in touch with you when I get there..... looking forward for the beer....

Cheers

Omal

Sorry for the late reply,  so are you in Denmark? 
I am happy to help you, if you need any help.

Shanaka wrote:

Sorry for the late reply,  so are you in Denmark? 
I am happy to help you, if you need any help.

You're responding to a topic that's been inactive for nearly 3 years, don't expect a response.

Romaniac

Hi Omai
Also
Go to findaroommate.dk
Good luck
Faith