Electronic components stores in HCM

Where can I buy electronics like RCA cables, antenna cable (to run between DVD player and TV), and other electronic components (not computer parts) in HCM? I'm looking for something similar to Amorn Electronics in Thailand, or Radio Shack in the US. Thanks.

Connecting cables, games, game carts
- Pasteur in the first two blocks from Ham Nghi towards Le Lai

TV co-ax, antennae, satellite dishes, satellite decoders/receivers
- Nguyen Thi Mnh Khai by the TV station (200 metres before bridge going to Quan Binh Thanh)

Electronic Component Piece Parts
- Pasteur, second block from Ham Nghi (pricey compared to others)
- Nat Thao Street (Ly Truong Kiet end)
- Ly Truong Kiet (one block either side of Nhat Tao)

I think I may be referring to the same area as Jaitch, but for connecting cables, etc., I've had the best luck in the area behind Sun-Wah Tower, between it and Pasteur street. Just go walk the streets back there and you'll find lots of what you're looking for. Good prices too - just be sure to check the quality thoroughly before you leave the store.

Great, thanks guys I appreciate it

You can go to Nhat Tao market,Nguyễn Duy Dương, phường 9, District 10, Hồ Chí Minh, Việt Nam. This's the popular place for electric - electronic components. you can find the way on google map.

I have actually bought S-Video (VND30,000) and RCA cables (for my LCD projector).

Compro Informatics Technology Co. Ltd
98A Ton That Tung Street
Ben Thanh Ward
Quan 1, TP HCM

Work 1: (84-8) 3925-6604,
Work 2: (84-8) 3925-0448
Monday-Saturday:08.30-17.00H

Ask for Tuyet - she speaks good English.

You can buy it at Nhat Tao Market on Ly Thuong Kiet Street. It has many shop that you can ask. Good luck!!

alee_vn wrote:

You can buy it at Nhat Tao Market on Ly Thuong Kiet Street.

I know Nhat Tao Street intimately, I have done a shop by shop survey which was published last year.

Nhat Tao (electronics) are a mix of wholesale and retail, the former selling wire by the hundreds of metres, for example, whereas retailers sell wire by the metre.

The Nhat Tao Market, surprisingly, is on Nhat Tao Street.

Similarly, wholesalers sell cables by the 10 pieces and the retailer by single quantities at substantial price increases.

I also surveyed the Cho Lon Market on a stand-by-stand basis producing maps for both markets.