Is Egypt really that bad?

Every time I ask an Egyptian about living in Egyptian I hear nothing but negative things. 
It can't be that bad. If Egypt is that bad, what would you call Mexico City, New York City in the 80's or even Cairo right after the revolution. I feel that Egyptians love to complain and every time I tell someone that I'm thinking about moving to Egypt they tell me everything is a mess, the traffic, the roads, the medical and even the schools. When I say how come we have thousands and thousands of foreigners living in Egypt and I always get the same answer. Do you know how much they make a month?. So is it about the money or about the people or about the roads? Because people with money and others who don't have any do drive their car on the same road.....I'm dying to know what is it really about.
Don't get me wrong. I was in Egypt 2 months ago and we had a good time but it was a short vacation.
Would like to hear your thoughts ....

i always hear the same but you know us the egyptian ..when we are in egypt we always think that egypt is bad and europe or USA is very good living..but when we leave egypt to go to another country we know that we was mistake and we must back .. thats the problem egyptian who never left egypt think that other country is better so you know it

True Mohaned - the sad thing is that many of the Egyptians who lives abroad also feel the same. 

Thanks for sharing

Mohamed El Sayed wrote:

i always hear the same but you know us the egyptian ..when we are in egypt we always think that egypt is bad and europe or USA is very good living..but when we leave egypt to go to another country we know that we was mistake and we must back .. thats the problem egyptian who never left egypt think that other country is better so you know it

This point of view of conservative Egyptian.Please dont speak for all the Nation.

Egypt not bad , Government that make it bad but good people on it make u feel that it still good place to live in but from my opinion no way for change , we lost :D:D:D

dmx87 wrote:
Mohamed El Sayed wrote:

This point of view of conservative Egyptian.Please dont speak for all the Nation.

excuse you..i speak about ppl who never been outside egypt not all egyptian

mostafa zaghlol wrote:

Egypt not bad , Government that make it bad but good people on it make u feel that it still good place to live in but from my opinion no way for change , we lost :D:D:D

egypt is not bad and never will be as place to live ..before the revolution things was worst than now and we been live there and we were happy but why ppl speak bad about it now. here it is what happen in egypt is before revolution ppl wasn't care about what government doing cuz what ever they say or do government will not consider after the revolution ppl always follow what government did and said they thought that the country will change for much more better and they been waiting for that but after the revolution nothing change cuz change need time that's why they are upset there

I agree with you Mohamed 100%

Hi there,

It is not that bad when it comes to the kindness soul and the family feelings we hold by nature, but when u gain other cultures and traditions and forget who u r and where u are and who's around u then this is definitely not the one u r expecting. it is like as if u r torn between multiply directions religion, being style or being powerful and stressful to manage others or taking the path of walking by the wall.... u know saying yes can avoid a lot of problems. then u will know then that those are not the Egyptian u left behind.
PPl hate each other out of no reason  .............. think about ur work back in USA , u will then figure out that u may be dislike most of ur colleague out of nothing..! ( please give it a thought - u must get up very early to catch up u work for example) only the pressure who makes u feel this way and Egyptians have more than one reason to kill each other for.
Everyone here believes that NO Way.. the other could be right.Gosh, I hate it when the dark days falls like this......... I admit I have never seen it this dark before.
God Help u,  I know that it is darker than I could think about it if I was this far.

Best regards,
Haitham

Hi_sam3kkad wrote:

Hi there,

It is not that bad when it comes to the kindness soul and the family feelings we hold by nature, but when u gain other cultures and traditions and forget who u r and where u are and who's around u then this is definitely not the one u r expecting. it is like as if u r torn between multiply directions religion, being style or being powerful and stressful to manage others or taking the path of walking by the wall.... u know saying yes can avoid a lot of problems. then u will know then that those are not the Egyptian u left behind.
PPl hate each other out of no reason  .............. think about ur work back in USA , u will then figure out that u may be dislike most of ur colleague out of nothing..! ( please give it a thought - u must get up very early to catch up u work for example) only the pressure who makes u feel this way and Egyptians have more than one reason to kill each other for.
Everyone here believes that NO Way.. the other could be right.Gosh, I hate it when the dark days falls like this......... I admit I have never seen it this dark before.
God Help u,  I know that it is darker than I could think about it if I was this far.

Best regards,
Haitham

you got some good point but thing is how you feel when you are in egypt you will never feel that anywhere else.. ppl dont kill each other in egypt ppl fighting for the point of view and thats not bad thats happen everywhere some got hurt or maybe killed that not the point of being in egypt if you dont care about the system

I am not egyptian but i love egypt. everywhere has problems. since I lived in egypt i have no problems. my family begs me to come back to the states and i will not lol.

when egyptians leave the country they always miss it and want to return. there are some unique things that cant be found anywhere else and is hard to explain because its feelings. :-)

Wow Layla13 you are so right about its hard to explain because its a feeling. I've been telling people that I love NYC ao much but how come I always felt for the past 25 years that something is missing. I guess I can always try to back to Egypt in a couple of years because if I don't, I will always regrated . I can always go back to NY. But my point is like sam3kkad and Mohamed said..... Egypt is seems so bad for all the Egyptians who thinks that we living a dream outside of Egypt and the truth is that it's far from it. There are people here who have it all but they are missing one thing and that thing is time, no time to enjoy anything because we all working all the time and when it's time to have fun, we are too tired.

Thanks for sharing

yes i agree. |i also felt something missing. its easy for you to come back to egypt and you know it lol. yes, its called "grass is always greener on the other side" there are ppl in the states that are poor also or living paycheck to paycheck. we just have enforced rules so we have better quality of things in the states but still can be poor and homeless. i think egypt is easier than the states.. and in ways.. more free! lol

Adam4449 wrote:

Wow Layla13 you are so right about its hard to explain because its a feeling. I've been telling people that I love NYC ao much but how come I always felt for the past 25 years that something is missing. I guess I can always try to back to Egypt in a couple of years because if I don't, I will always regrated . I can always go back to NY. But my point is like sam3kkad and Mohamed said..... Egypt is seems so bad for all the Egyptians who thinks that we living a dream outside of Egypt and the truth is that it's far from it. There are people here who have it all but they are missing one thing and that thing is time, no time to enjoy anything because we all working all the time and when it's time to have fun, we are too tired.

Thanks for sharing

Another thing I always felt - i always feel that it's easier in Egypt. Did you know that I sold my car 4 months after I bought it. No where to park, you can't drive it any where I'm the city, the payments were only $250 a month for a Toyota Rav4  2011 + $270 insurance + $230 garage in the building + gas is so expensive now + tickets .  Thanks for giving me hope. The only thing I have to worry about now is my 4 year old allergies. He has severe allergies from multiple foods include wheat , peanut, and barley plus many more. It's so expensive to buy soy and tapioca stuff in Egypt and its scary to send him to school with all the allergies. Maybe I'm over reacting and I should leave it in the hands of God.

what about rice? i am sure there cheaper alternatives if u look into it. there is always a fear in any school because we cant trust so easily. maybe can think about home schooling if u returned. peanuts arent popular in egypt. i never see anything with peanuts.

True about peanuts   - but there is wheat every where you go in Egypt.  I'm also scared about the ingredient in the made in Egypt food. That means I have to buy stuff made in the US and that's way too expensive. Or maybe I can make everything from scratch an think about home schooling just worried that he might grow up to be strange from not attending school. Thank for the idea. I wish you luck  and happiness anywhere you choose to live.

Saad Zaghlol said (NO HOPE) & he is my grand father so will repeat it too (NO HOPEEEEEEEEEEE):D:D:D

No hope in what... For us moving to Egypt or no hope for Egypt?
Lol

well when he gets a little older than he can go to normal school and look out for himself. yes true wheat is popular. i make many things from scratch and there are reputable international companies who strict quality control on food processing. just have to go to carrefour or spinneys to get items. im sure there are kids here with food allergies too.

Adam4449 wrote:

True about peanuts   - but there is wheat every where you go in Egypt.  I'm also scared about the ingredient in the made in Egypt food. That means I have to buy stuff made in the US and that's way too expensive. Or maybe I can make everything from scratch an think about home schooling just worried that he might grow up to be strange from not attending school. Thank for the idea. I wish you luck  and happiness anywhere you choose to live.

since mubarak is gone there should finally be hope! lol

Ask my grand father ,lol

Adam4449 wrote:

No hope in what... For us moving to Egypt or no hope for Egypt?
Lol

Obama won  - there is hope at least for 4 years ;) - now lets see what the brotherhood gonna do in the next 4 years. Scary

yeah we need to pray lol im glad obama won a lesser evil

Adam4449 wrote:

Obama won  - there is hope at least for 4 years ;) - now lets see what the brotherhood gonna do in the next 4 years. Scary

layla1313 wrote:

peanuts arent popular in egypt. i never see anything with peanuts.

??? Foul sudani (as peanuts are called in Egypt) ARE popular! A cheaper alternative on cakes, basbousa etc. Also they sell it at the "lib" shop (shop that sells seeds and nuts); you will find it as a kind of bar inlaid in a sugary kind of thick gel, etc.

True about fool sodany. Well the good thing is that my son never eats outside and we never cook in someone's kitchen or appliances in case there is oils or herbs that he might be allergic too. We are just worried that he might eat a little bread crumbs or a peanut from somewhere . He is the type that might like to try things and here in NYC we are watching him and we always home alone without too many visitors . In Egypt we gonna be all over the place. Maybe we should consider homeschooling like Layla said.  If Someone here knows of anywebsite for people living with food allergies in Egypt, please share. Would also like to ask about the allergy Dr's in Egypt.

Maybe you can contact the Patients of Allergy association: http://www.yellowpages.com.eg/profile/M … ation.html
Just did a Google search for Egypt allergy and found these:
http://egaci.org/http://www.almokhtabar.com/Allergy.php
and a study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3126748/

Thank you very much geely

layla1313 wrote:

I am not egyptian but i love egypt. everywhere has problems. since I lived in egypt i have no problems. my family begs me to come back to the states and i will not lol.

when egyptians leave the country they always miss it and want to return. there are some unique things that cant be found anywhere else and is hard to explain because its feelings. :-)

that what im trying to say..perfect !!

Hi all,
Nice to have u in looking from another angle,

With all due respect, I may appreciate the good intention you keep for PPl in this position, Now the question is do u really think each and every Egyptian politician is standing for what he deeply believe and fight for his own knowledge and experience?

On the other hand, what does the conflict of interest means to u? and do u think that PPl who are calling for Mubarak's back for example are siding what they believe?

In which point u could place our Country ( Poor, rich or mediate)keeping in mind that we have all the resources any Country could dream of (i.e 1/3 of the world's ancient statutes and the Suez canal, industrial, construction , agriculture and many others) knowing that at the same time there are PPl who are begging for Chicken bones to make Soup to eat as the only one meal they could have and others who are talking in each TV shows wearing black suites and fancy cars and ooh ya fighting for the poor)? Which politician do u think deserve to be honored? and for what? talking for example!!!

Do u really want have an example of why were the best country on the world?............ u simply can see with ur bare eyes open our most of the mediate level families and some rich PPl serving poor PPl for the 30 days of Ramadan night and day, or those who have lost their eyes/legs and other human organs or even scarified their lives during the revaluation and after, see the smile u can't keep yourself of giving when u look an orphan boy, or the time when u pick up ur phone to be for a friend(It is Called MERCEY) . Trust me for sure it worth our love but I hate the intruders who acts unmercifully under the self interest on the back.

Regards,
Haitham

:-D

Campos Lopez wrote:
layla1313 wrote:

that what im trying to say..perfect !!

I am not doubting ur reputable feelings Layla, its just that I feel hurt to see it this way,
I appreciate every single letter you wrote for our beloved country.
But Egyptians who lives abroad has to know that the picture is not that perfect and there are a lot of spam.

Giving a thought do u think if u asked any Egyptian on the street nowadays will be he/she be happy to work and live in USA ? (i.e modern, clean streets, human rights and bright school.... what do u think?

I think that I am bothering myself writting here for only one reason if PPl on the shore are sigting a very tinny little smoke on a far ship holds all there families and thinking that is normal and call from one of their relative telling them that this is a real fire and the ship is on its way down and nobody moves.......... by then there will be no realtives or families.

Best regards,
Haitham

yes i understand what you are saying its a different aspect for sure. and yes i think many egyptians would love to go to america because of all the stuff they can have and move freely.

but you know the streets are clean because there are laws.. if u throw garbage on street its atleast 500 US dollars fine to pay. if egypt had laws like this then ppl could not just throw trash around for example. i think the life is more simple here. because ppl in the states all have to work even the women and are always stressed out even with the clean streets and riches.

right now egypt is in transition and i hope and pray it will be good without losing the essence of egypt. ofcourse its not perfect on every level but on a heart level its the best :-D

when i first came here my impression was the ppl were laughing even though they had nothing.. it impressed me.

Hi_sam3kkad wrote:

I am not doubting ur reputable feelings Layla, its just that I feel hurt to see it this way,
I appreciate every single letter you wrote for our beloved country.
But Egyptians who lives abroad has to know that the picture is not that perfect and there are a lot of spam.

Giving a thought do u think if u asked any Egyptian on the street nowadays will be he/she be happy to work and live in USA ? (i.e modern, clean streets, human rights and bright school.... what do u think?

I think that I am bothering myself writting here for only one reason if PPl on the shore are sigting a very tinny little smoke on a far ship holds all there families and thinking that is normal and call from one of their relative telling them that this is a real fire and the ship is on its way down and nobody moves.......... by then there will be no realtives or families.

Best regards,
Haitham

Words can't describe what I keeps for such honorable thought u tenderly have for us. Thanks

Well, I think i am heading to sleep now. before I go I hope u have time for this little story i experienced
Right after the revolution I have managed with 3 of my friends to announce our neighborhood building for a meeting to concern the cleaning issue, u wouldn't believe the number of P{L who came that day and the day after and the after... for consecutive 4 weeks, well after managing the presentation of the solution we have set a plan to coordinate with the governprate to furnish us some garbage bins and other tools the results was Zerooooooo the funny thing that I got was that when we introduced a highly sophisticated person on the goveronrate , that he was asking for money in return of attaining this lecture ,,, it ended up everyone of us have manage to buy Big garbage bin from self funding and they were almost stolen a month after not only that the swege caps (full of Iron ) too :sosad: produces :sosad:

Good night Layla, Wish to catch up with u here soon

it may please you to know that in hurghada they now have garbage bins and ppl come and empty the bins.. like a sanitation dept. :-) yeah some ppl had there stolen from buildings but easy to replace and its much cleaner. im sure it will happen in cairo too just more people so will take more time. maybe the idea came from your efforts :-) goodnite

Hi_sam3kkad wrote:

Words can't describe what I keeps for such honorable thought u tenderly have for us. Thanks

Well, I think i am heading to sleep now. before I go I hope u have time for this little story i experienced
Right after the revolution I have managed with 3 of my friends to announce our neighborhood building for a meeting to concern the cleaning issue, u wouldn't believe the number of P{L who came that day and the day after and the after... for consecutive 4 weeks, well after managing the presentation of the solution we have set a plan to coordinate with the governprate to furnish us some garbage bins and other tools the results was Zerooooooo the funny thing that I got was that when we introduced a highly sophisticated person on the goveronrate , that he was asking for money in return of attaining this lecture ,,, it ended up everyone of us have manage to buy Big garbage bin from self funding and they were almost stolen a month after not only that the swege caps (full of Iron ) too :sosad: produces :sosad:

Yes, HEPCA is doing a great job in Hurghada!

Actually I think you should RUN AWAY there is nothing left in Egypt but IGNORANCE,RACISM and BU**SH*T ,, the country is literally DYING <><>

I think u should think twice before saying that, for sure we have problems but not the one to blame our country for. its the ones we must blame ourselves for

I agree with sam3kkad 100%... Hope one day you leave the country and live in the country of your dreams and see with your own eyes what problems this place you choose to live has.

guys it's not who to blame ,, we all agree there are PROBLEMS the main problem is that we can't SOLVE those PROBLEMS ,, Simply because we are not IN CONTROL ,, and enough with this patriotic tone ,, take me as an example ,, I am a Computer Engineer graduated with an EXCELLENT GRADE 2 years ago ,, I Can't find a decent job to make a living ,,, No Money ,, No Woman ,, I have nothing at all ,, what do you expect from me ? love the country , blame and kill myself ?!! ,,  Can you be a little reasonable ?!!!