Public Transport

Hi there. I am looking at moving to Qatar in early 2013, and was wondering what the public transport system was like (if there is one). I shall be working in Finance, and obviously if the Transport is poor / non-existent then I shall need to live close to the office.

Hi bighenry

the public transport in Qatar is not very good. There are buses but its difficult to rely on them especially for work. The only public transport is the taxi service which isnt very good either. my advice get somewhere close to work :)

ally

Are there a lot of taxis? Or is it limited?

They have put more taxis on the roads however I found it difficult to get taxis booked after 5.

Ally

I see,thank you indeed.

It's ok, my advice for taxis is to get a number of an illegal taxi and use them. They are more reliable and especially in the evening. I had a guy but he moved back to India. Maybe ask a colleague at work if they know anyone you could use.

Ally

I know, I lived in Kuwait in 2007 and it was like that, thank you again (and also for the salsa reply).

Public transport are not very good.
It's butter for you either to have your own transportation or living close to your working place.