Is dressing up/fashion more fun during winter season in KSA?

I love the cold season. Dressing up is more fun for me definitely during this season as you get to mix and match more clothes together. You get to wear scarf and gloves. And you don't need to fuss about your hair being wet from humidity.

What do you think guys?

I think you're beating a dead horse, sweetie :lol:  nobody here seems to be as into fashion as you are! :)

hehehe! i think so hon

What's theming for us girls anyway when we have to cover up anyway no incentive at all!

Its good that you raised this one. Women can wear jackets over the abaya right? It actually looks cool for me.

Bernex wrote:

What's theming for us girls anyway when we have to cover up anyway no incentive at all!

I agree but I think he was addressing the men?

Alliecat wrote:

I think he was addressing to hipsters.

Theming?? Should always check spelling! Hmmmmm wear a jacket over abayas, yep definitely a non western mans comment, I would rather stay on my compound and wear what the hell I like , not like there is anywhere to go anyway to dress up. So save it all up for weekends in Bahrain and parties at home.
Jacket over the abayas pah!

Bruckner wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

I think he was addressing to hipsters.

The metro-sexuals lol

hehe! Alliecat, I couldn't agree with you more when you said that no one is as interested in fashion as I here:( But thank you for your comments guys!

First off, it has never gotten cold enough for me, a Westerner, or any Westerner I know, to wear a winter coat.  I've simply, on occasion, worn a sweater.

The Saudi women I know don't wear coats over their abayas (although I've seen Filipino girls do that).  The Saudis either wear a pashmina wrapped around them over their abaya or a kind of woolen/cashmere pancho (by definition not stitched up the sides but also not stitched up the front).

Alliecat wrote:

The metro-sexuals lol

Metro-sexuals use mascara and nail polish. Hipsters grow dreads and wear keffiyeh around their necks. I'm monitoring the situation for some time now. :)

Aw! A bit of information there about arab women's fashion. Thank you Alliecat!

Bruckner wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

The metro-sexuals lol

Metro-sexuals use mascara and nail polish. Hipsters grow dreads and wear keffiyeh around their necks. I'm monitoring the situation for some time now. :)

Noooooooooo.  By American standards, a metro-sexual is a (usually urban) guy who is meticulously concerned with his appearance.  He has mani's (clear polish) and pedi's and gets his hair trimmed every two weeks.

Now take a look at alsagisi's pic.  A metro-sexual or a hipster?  Metro-sexual, I think!

Aw dear, don't bring me up to this topic as I'm neither of the two I guess lol!

Dude, if you're so interested in fashion and concerned with being stylish, probably shave every day and your clothes are neatly pressed, your nails better tended than many girls-- you need to face the fact that you're a M-E-T-R-O-S-E-X-U-A-L !!! :top:

Alliecat wrote:

Now take a look at alsagisi's pic.  A metro-sexual or a hipster?  Metro-sexual, I think!

Without trying to tag anyone, I think so too. But that's not offensive i guess... if that's what he's after.

Nothing wrong with being a metro-sexual.  In fact, it's a pleasant change from beer guzzling, farting guys with 3 days growth who lay around watching football all day lol

David Beckham is considered metrosexual but he's not gay. This is what I meant.

alsagisi wrote:

David Beckham is considered metrosexual but he's not gay. This is what I meant.

Metro-sexual and homosexual are NOT the same thing.  I know a few metro-sexuals back home and they're definitely straight :D

Alliecat wrote:

Nothing wrong with being a metro-sexual.  In fact, it's a pleasant change from beer guzzling, farting guys with 3 days growth who lay around watching football all day lol

Why choose the opposites? There should be something in the middle... like a moderate beer drinker that polishes his nails but doesn't use any foundation cream?

Bruckner wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Why choose the opposites? There should be something in the middle... like a moderate beer drinker that polishes his nails but doesn't use any foundation cream?

Fair enough, esp. since you left out the farting :lol: