Long term car rental

I need to rent a car long term, 8 months from March 2013.
My budget is RS 15000 per month.
The car must be:
Fairly recent model
Air Con
Power steering
Medium size
Good tyres.
Insurance
I will service and repair the car and take the cost off the rental or if the car is in perfect condition and less than 2 years old, I will take up the cost of service.
Please contact me on email:
sergea46[at]gmail.com
Serge

Hello Serge.

Welcome on the forum! :)

This page could help - Car rental in Mauritius.

Thank you,
Aurélie

All I can say is Good Luck :)

And let me know please if you do manage to get one so cheaply and under 2 years old.

I pay 24,000 rs per month for a Nissan march, although all costs of maintaining the car, tax, insurance etc are covered.

Good luck!

Hi Rosiewestie,
What agency did u get ur Nissan from?  Would you recommend them?
Thanks,
Butimbusy

Rosiewestie :

And let me know please if you do manage to get one so cheaply and under 2 years old.

I pay 24,000 rs per month for a Nissan march, although all costs of maintaining the car, tax, insurance etc are covered.

Good luck!

24000rs/mouth  for a long terme waoutch!!!
the guy renting you the car must have a very large smile when  he see you coming.

For all of what you're asking, 15,000 a month? I don't think you'll find. 20,000 would be a more realistic price, and probably even more.

Friends of mine rent for $14,000 per month including all necessary service and repairs but the car is about 6 years old.

I was driving an Audi A3 8 months old for 12 months [at] Rs 15000 per month,I took the cost of service out of the rental. it is who u know.I paid 10,000 for a nissan march auto 3 yrs old, same deal, insurance etc,etc. Lots of people go overseas or have a spare car and want someone to pay their lease amount and if u are recomended by a Mauritian person of very good standing , then you are in line for such a deal.Lucky me.

Hello,

Lots of people go overseas or have a spare car and want someone to pay their lease amount

... the question is : is it legal ?

seedeur :
Rosiewestie :

Good luck!

24000rs/mouth  for a long terme waoutch!!!
the guy renting you the car must have a very large smile when  he see you coming.

I rent through one of the largest Car Hire Companies on the Island, I have recently tried to get them to ower the price after renting for 16 months off them now - but they say they cannot offer any lower :(

So I am now speaking to other Companies and have already got an offer of a similar car for 18,000 - so about to change I think :)

Hi there,

i am moving from New York to Grand Baie this coming Thursday, and i am looking rent a Automatic car (start of with 2-3 months).

please can you guys let me know who i should speak to, to get the best deal there.

cheers!

nik

It is not illegal to have a friend lend you a car to drive while he is away is it?

FYI....i ended up renting a Honda Fit for 15k/month....so i think i got a great deal in the end....unless anyone else thinks otherwise?! :)

hi Nic,

Where did you rent from, as I need to do it too.

Ed

Hi mate,

i rented from a guy called Fardeen (i can send you their number if you like).

as with everything else in Mauritius, their service is OK....i bitched and moaned a few times and went through a few cars with them til i got a DECENT one.

as is the "rental" business in MRU, they borrow a car from a uncle or cousin etc, and if they have treat the car poorly, then it will show.

They've stepped up their game though with the past 2 cars they have given my wife and I, and their pricing is good....so i can't complain!

35sleeps :

hi Nic,

Where did you rent from, as I need to do it too.

Ed

i called beach manga tours; i wasnt really convinced of prices & cars;

so i will try to contact them again only if its a last resort to me, to others maybe its not the case.

i have a guy who proposed me 600/day;

like for i had an I20 rental for past 8-9 months; which was a bit higher! call if you need the contacts.

merci mes amis :)

Hi Guys,
Let me give you all a free advice, if you want to rent a car, please make sure its a contract car or belong to a Car Rental company. The mauritian laws are becoming more servere towards drivers.

I rented a car year 2007 from Imagine Car rental for 6 months and i paid Rs13,000/- per month. But when i rented the car for this price, the agent assured me that i'll be gettng the same advantages as a contract car and i was happy with that.

Recently i've rented a car year 2010 for Rs12,000/- per month, i was happy with the price but unfortunately it was a private car with no secure insurance policy. A motocycle just hit the back of the car and not i'm paying more than i should have with a Contract car.

So be carefull guys when renting a car for longterm
Best of luck
:)

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum.]

I am also interested in renting one car. Pls advice.

[moderated: off topic]

Please provide the contact details I also wanna heir a Car.

what happen in case of an accident and severe loss???

who will be answering , I know people who had to come back to answer in court !!!

be careful for such deal!!!

[moderated]

Hi could you tell me where you rented your car please?

Hi
Good to hear tht u have got a good deal on ur car ..would like t get tht contact of garden if u won't mind ..
Thank you in advance