Long term car rental

I need to rent a car long term, 8 months from March 2013.
My budget is RS 15000 per month.
The car must be:
Fairly recent model
Air Con
Power steering
Medium size
Good tyres.
Insurance
I will service and repair the car and take the cost off the rental or if the car is in perfect condition and less than 2 years old, I will take up the cost of service.
Please contact me on email:
Serge

Hello Serge.

Welcome on the forum! :)

This page could help - Car rental in Mauritius.

Thank you,
Aurélie

All I can say is Good Luck :)

And let me know please if you do manage to get one so cheaply and under 2 years old.

I pay 24,000 rs per month for a Nissan march, although all costs of maintaining the car, tax, insurance etc are covered.

Good luck!

Hi Rosiewestie,
What agency did u get ur Nissan from?  Would you recommend them?
Thanks,
Butimbusy

Rosiewestie wrote:

And let me know please if you do manage to get one so cheaply and under 2 years old.

I pay 24,000 rs per month for a Nissan march, although all costs of maintaining the car, tax, insurance etc are covered.

Good luck!

24000rs/mouth  for a long terme waoutch!!!
the guy renting you the car must have a very large smile when  he see you coming.

For all of what you're asking, 15,000 a month? I don't think you'll find. 20,000 would be a more realistic price, and probably even more.

Friends of mine rent for $14,000 per month including all necessary service and repairs but the car is about 6 years old.

I was driving an Audi A3 8 months old for 12 months @ Rs 15000 per month,I took the cost of service out of the rental. it is who u know.I paid 10,000 for a nissan march auto 3 yrs old, same deal, insurance etc,etc. Lots of people go overseas or have a spare car and want someone to pay their lease amount and if u are recomended by a Mauritian person of very good standing , then you are in line for such a deal.Lucky me.

Hello,

Lots of people go overseas or have a spare car and want someone to pay their lease amount

... the question is : is it legal ?

seedeur wrote:
Rosiewestie wrote:

Good luck!

24000rs/mouth  for a long terme waoutch!!!
the guy renting you the car must have a very large smile when  he see you coming.

I rent through one of the largest Car Hire Companies on the Island, I have recently tried to get them to ower the price after renting for 16 months off them now - but they say they cannot offer any lower :(

So I am now speaking to other Companies and have already got an offer of a similar car for 18,000 - so about to change I think :)

Hi there,

i am moving from New York to Grand Baie this coming Thursday, and i am looking rent a Automatic car (start of with 2-3 months).

please can you guys let me know who i should speak to, to get the best deal there.

cheers!

nik

It is not illegal to have a friend lend you a car to drive while he is away is it?

FYI....i ended up renting a Honda Fit for 15k/month....so i think i got a great deal in the end....unless anyone else thinks otherwise?! :)

hi Nic,

Where did you rent from, as I need to do it too.

Ed

Hi mate,

i rented from a guy called Fardeen (i can send you their number if you like).

as with everything else in Mauritius, their service is OK....i bitched and moaned a few times and went through a few cars with them til i got a DECENT one.

as is the "rental" business in MRU, they borrow a car from a uncle or cousin etc, and if they have treat the car poorly, then it will show.

They've stepped up their game though with the past 2 cars they have given my wife and I, and their pricing is good....so i can't complain!

35sleeps wrote:

hi Nic,

Where did you rent from, as I need to do it too.

Ed

i called beach manga tours; i wasnt really convinced of prices & cars;

so i will try to contact them again only if its a last resort to me, to others maybe its not the case.

i have a guy who proposed me 600/day;

like for i had an I20 rental for past 8-9 months; which was a bit higher! call if you need the contacts.

merci mes amis :)

Hi Guys,
Let me give you all a free advice, if you want to rent a car, please make sure its a contract car or belong to a Car Rental company. The mauritian laws are becoming more servere towards drivers.

I rented a car year 2007 from Imagine Car rental for 6 months and i paid Rs13,000/- per month. But when i rented the car for this price, the agent assured me that i'll be gettng the same advantages as a contract car and i was happy with that.

Recently i've rented a car year 2010 for Rs12,000/- per month, i was happy with the price but unfortunately it was a private car with no secure insurance policy. A motocycle just hit the back of the car and not i'm paying more than i should have with a Contract car.

So be carefull guys when renting a car for longterm
Best of luck
:)

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum.]

I am also interested in renting one car. Pls advice.

[moderated: off topic]

Please provide the contact details I also wanna heir a Car.

what happen in case of an accident and severe loss???

who will be answering , I know people who had to come back to answer in court !!!

be careful for such deal!!!

[moderated]

Hi could you tell me where you rented your car please?

Hi
Good to hear tht u have got a good deal on ur car ..would like t get tht contact of garden if u won't mind ..
Thank you in advance

Hello,

Anyone looking for a good deal for long term rental of a car? I have a contact offering 20K per month.

Suleiman

Hi Suleiman, may be interested in this, please could you send me more details.

Andrew

@andrew2189 please whatsapp on***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact details should be shared in private. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Suleiman M we are interested. What Car is it?

@nnorikova  please check your inbox. Thks

Hello Suleiman M,

Are you offering your car, your services?

Are you a professional ?

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna yes car for rental

If you are a professional please register your services in the Car rental in Mauritius section of the business directory. Looking for clients on the forum is not allowed.

Thanks in advance,

Bhavna

Looking for an older (cheaper) car to rent for a month from 17th December 22, contact me here or whatsapp me on ***. Thanks, Andrew

Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum. Thank you

Hello Andrew9799,

Please contact the professionals recommended in the Car rental in Mauritius section. They might have interesting offers for you.

All the best,

Bhavna

Thanks Bhavna

@Suleiman M

Please can you contact me regards the log term vehicle.

We are moving to Mauritius on the 31 Dec 2022. We have ordered a new vehicle but think that we may only receive it in the next 3 months or so.

Please can you inbox me - j*** or WhatsApp***.   Thank you very much. Janice du Toit

Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you

@HeyJude

Good day Sir please can you advise if you have any long term rentals available. We arrive in Mauritius on 31 Dec 2022, may require for 1 - 2 months. Please inbox me ***or WhatsApp***

Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you

Hello Janicedutoit,

Please contact the professionals recommended in the business directory : Car rental in Mauritius

Heyjude post is from 2012....

Regards,

Bhavna