Moving to Mauritius searching for a job.

Hi all

Was wondering if anyone was able to help me out,
I'm an Australian girl wanting to move to Mauritius to be with my boyfriend eh lives over there.
I am wanting to apply for a work permit to live and work in Mauritius.
It seems to be a little more difficult than we expected.
Anybody no how I can go about getting a job as I believe you need one prior to applying for the work permit.

Any help that any of you can give us would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Holly.cooling,

Welcome to Expat.com!

You should tell us more about you and your qualifications, your experiences and what type of job you are looking for?

I would suggest you to have a look at the "life in Mauritius" guide.

Thank you,
Best of luck,
Christine

Hi Christine

Thanks so much for your reply.
Well I'm a 24 year old Australian looking to move to Mauritius to be with my boyfriend.
I work in the travel/tourism industry currently. I have extensive experience in retail and wholesale travel. So very good customer service skills face to face and telephone manner. Also great on the computer.
Currently I am in a sale position for a wholesale travel company that sells resort sin Mauritius. I am the business delvelpment executive for this company and am very interested in continuing in a similar position.
Sales, sales and marketing, sales rep, sales manager, sales administration, or even general administration or clerical etc. however I would take a job doing just about anything if need be.
however I do only speak English and am looking to learn French once moving there.
I would need to get a job at a company willing to hire an expat in order to get a visa.

Is this enough information?
Any thing you can help me with would be amazing!!!
Thank you in advance

Holly