Vignette ? we are hoping to Travel to Croatia

Will we need 2 of these one for Hungarian M/ways and one for Croatian ones ????

Lesley&Yan wrote:

Will we need 2 of these one for Hungarian M/ways and one for Croatian ones ????

Last time I was there, Croatia was all toll roads so you pay at the booth. Same in Serbia. I was in Serbia and Croatia quite a few times last year. Motorways are very good in Croatia. Serbia less so but getting more advanced by the month. You'll find nearly all the Croatians and Serbs are surprisingly good at speaking English. It's much easier than in Hungary.

Hungary uses a different system (e-vignette, no sticker, just APNR - Automatic Number Plate Recognition).

Slovenian motorways - hugely expensive from what I remember. It's a small country so you can just go on the normal roads to get anywhere. Hard to avoid if going to Italy via HU. Avoid.

Austria - vignette at the petrol stations/border exchange places. Quite pricey and traditional jackbooted style enforcement regime. Regular road blocks to catch all the evil and naughty and nasty people who didn't pay.

Switzerland - it's still a sticker I believe. Very expensive last time I was there (ages ago). Avoid.

Slovakia, Czech etc - dunno. Never go that way. Stickers. Probably avoid.

Germany, Belgium, Netherlands - nothing (fuel expensive instead)

France - Peage. Toll roads. Easily avoidable with planning.

Tip I was told by someone in Austria ages ago. Get a candle and rub it on the sticky side of the vignette before placing it lightly on the windscreen. Then you can use it on different vehicles. It'll pass a visual inspection by Obergruppenfuehrer Fritzl at cop check point.

Illegal of course in those other countries, but needs must for some. Not possible obviously in Hungary so I feel safe enough describing what other people in other countries told me they did in the past.

thank you for your help ..errrm and advise ...i like you ...lol