Citizenship and thanks for the info

Many thinks for this forum.  The info here is invaluable, to me.

The one thing I have not seen is info on getting Cambo citizenship.  I suppose I could go poking around on some dingy 'ol official web site but maybe someone here will tell me that given the corruption, you can just buy it?  rofl!

Seriously, is it possible, and how can it be done?

u need to stay 7 years in cambodia, give a language test and general knowledge on the history of cambodia , im not sure about the location where the tests are held at but yeah thats the procedure. u can buy a house but cannot own  it 100% neither the land before the 7 years ..that or pay the government a considerable amount for a change of  nationality. this cambodian nationality will prevent u from entering usa in the future ..so u might reconsider that

And check to see if you will loose your social security check

TheDigitalMage wrote:

Many thinks for this forum.  The info here is invaluable, to me.

The one thing I have not seen is info on getting Cambo citizenship.  I suppose I could go poking around on some dingy 'ol official web site but maybe someone here will tell me that given the corruption, you can just buy it?  rofl!

Seriously, is it possible, and how can it be done?

Another option is to make a contribution to the Cambodian government of $39,500 and receive Cambodian honorary citizenship with a passport.

Used to information online about this, but it has gone, I am not even sure if it is available, but its worth checking out.

The only plus side of this is to buy land and a house in your name that I can see.

Is there PR in cambodia?

You mean Permanent Residency?

No.