Business Visa vs Work Visa Question

Does a business visa authorizes  you work  or when you apply for a business visa you also have to apply for a work visa at the airport at the same time? Thanks

phnom penh bound wrote:

Does a business visa authorizes  you work  or when you apply for a business visa you also have to apply for a work visa at the airport at the same time? Thanks

The Business visa authorizes you to setup a business and or work for someone else.

Three is no work visa, only a Business visa.

No Need for a work Visa huh. Non Existent>  Hmm

All can go to this link and see that it appears NOT to be true!

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/t … ID=1936681

Here is some of it, Heads UP !

CAMBODIA - BUSINESS VISA NOT WHAT YOU THINK
Hi,

I have recently posted a topic about Cambodian Visas, and was told that a business visa allows you to renew it inevitably, and work legally in Cambodia.

Apparently though, this IS NOT TRUE.

I have researched numerous websites and came across an article in a Cambodian Expat newspaper.

It says that to work in Cambodia LEGALLY, you need to apply for a WORK PERMIT, once a business visa has been obtained.

It goes on to say that this is hardly (if ever enforced), but nearly ALL foreigners, including those who have set up businesses, may be doing so ILLEGALLY, because of lack of knowledge regarding immigration policy and it not being enforced.

Now I dont know if this is entirley true, but if so, I'm not sure I'd want to set up business or work there (teach English), then to suddenly (say 5 years down the line after settling in) to be exported or fined etc for working in cambodia illegally.

In fact, I have discovered of Chinese and Vietamese workers being EXPORTED, because they have no WORK PERMIT. Now I know us Westerners have money which is probably why its not being enforced on English etc at the moment, but after settling in and founding a business etc, I wouldn't want to be kicked out or fined.

zipfish

Jul 16, 2010 1:51 PM

Good wind-up. 8/10

kingzdjc

Jul 16, 2010 2:27 PM

No wind up, what would be my point?

I asked the other day about visas as I didn't have a clue, and was told business visa is fine.

As I said, it is not a well known fact , but WORK PERMITS are needed AFTER gaining a business visa, although rarely, (except in the case of Chinese and Vietamese workers) been enforced, BUT could be.

IT IS NOT WELL KNOWN, as i have said, and the presumption is that a business visa is all thats needed.

I MAY BE WRONG, but this is the info I got off the net, and was VERY EASY to find.

Do your own research, and simply try something like WORK PERMIT CAMBODIA into yahoo.

work permit and business visa are different things, u asked about work visa and business visa, which cambodia doesnt have. it has a business visa which serves the purpose of employment , which either employed or not you can get it extended.u need a visa to enter cambodia  and an work permit to be qualified for certain jobs , the work permit is generally understood as qualified.. do you have the qualification to be employed on that post you're aiming at or not.Enterprises are being checked , they cant hire just anyone  for whatever position they come up with  , also, depending on the entry point to cambodia you may be asked to present at the transit airport, the proof that you are going there with work, which is the contract or employment letter from the organization hiring you .

I have never met anyone with a work visa/permit and only know people with business visas who work on that.