Heads up: Taxi su**!

Just a heads up... L**** taxi .

I took one last night that drove me 15 minutes out of the way and when I tried to direct him he made some excuse about the street being one way and when I explained the route he just shut up.

Then today another L**** Taxi driver started shouting 'Fuck you" at me because I told him his meter was wrong because I usually pay less than half of what his meter had read.

So people stick to Meridian and Speed and Pelican isn't bad either.

99% of them are thieves, with dirty and bad smelling cars, always trying to cheat you (especially if you are a foreigner or they feel that you are not from Bucharest).
I am always annoyed by the fact that they keep the change - almost on every occasion (if the cost is 16 lei and you give them 20 lei they will keep the change unless you do not ask for it).

Actually I usually order taxis and Meridian and Speed are just great but on a few occasions I flagged L taxi (Can't be named because moderators think it's defamatory) and I have had trouble with drivers.

And SSSA.. :-P

I agree Lindochka. Because I am American they always try and cheat me. Only speed has been honest. I recommend you to record on your phone the initial conversations you have and take pictures of the cab number so you can contact the company or police if they cheat you, but they want proof.

Hi, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM "P******U". They are usually gipsy. They will try to cheat you...

Lindochka wrote:

Just a heads up... L**** taxi .

I took one last night that drove me 15 minutes out of the way and when I tried to direct him he made some excuse about the street being one way and when I explained the route he just shut up.

Then today another L**** Taxi driver started shouting 'Fuck you" at me because I told him his meter was wrong because I usually pay less than half of what his meter had read.

So people stick to Meridian and Speed and Pelican isn't bad either.