REGISTRATION IN THE COMMUNE OF ANDERLECHT

Hi guys!
I'm a stagaire in the EC and i come from Croatia. I live in Anderlecht and i've applied for my residence card in the late September. A week ago i got a convocation letter from the police, so i went there and one police officer asked me when can he come to visit my flat, so i said today at 6 p.m. He never showed up and i checked my post box, nothing was there.
So, i don't know what that means. If someone knows how it works in the commune of Anderlecht, please let me know!
Also, i never recieved aknowledgment letter from the commune, so i don't have any paper that proves that i showed up in the commune.
Is that normal?
Also, i'm going back home for Christmas and i'm wondering now if there might be problems with me passing the border and not having a residence card?
I still cannot believe the police didn't show up....
Thanks!

Hello fibica,

Welcome to expat-blog!
I hope you'll get some answers soon

Good luck,
Melissa

Your advised not to leave the country until your regiestarion is complete. I was told not to go back to uk last year.

How are you travelling Fibica and do you have a national ID card as well as a passport? As you'll know Croatian nationals have an interim agreement about crossing into the EU (and Schengen) at certain points with your national ID and you can't stamp an ID card to show you've left the country!

There will be only a handful of Police Officers who deal with visiting for registration purposes, perhaps you could find who they are and get them to come back pronto?

Anyway, good luck and an early welcome to the EU no 28!

Usually it takes two weeks before they visit your place of living. They only ask for the availability time (days, hours). They will come shortly. If not, you have to go to the nearest police station (commissariat de quartier) and ask for "Agent de quartier"
Good luck.

how long it takes depends on the commune and Police entirely, I certainly wouldn't say 2 weeks. In our commune, most people take 2 weeks to 4 weeks to register, in Bruxelles Ville, people report the same procedure taking a year.

Thanks for your replies, guys!
The policeman came eventually, so that part is done, i'm just waiting now for my id.
Let's see how long that's gonna take!
And thanks for an early welcome, i'm actually planning to stay in Bruxelles, with a bit of luck!

Great. Bienvenue à Bruxelles

hey fibica.. im in the same situation.. how long did it take for the paper work to go through.. do you know of any empty space i can register?

Hi fotorebelion,

Please note that this thread is a year old. Feel free to create a new topic on the Brussels forum, this might be of great help. ;)

Regards,

David.