Business Visa of Job and family

Hi

First of all thanks for this awesome website, I believe it's going to help many people leaving their country.

I have been offered a Job as a Senior.Software Developer and I will be working at SABIC, Jubail, which is client of my employer.

Initially I am being a Business Visa for 3-4 months later they say they will be offering Iqama. I am being offered 8,000 Riyals+Medical+Return Ticket. This is my first job out of my country and first in Saudia too.

I am the only son, I have an old father, mother, a lil sister, wife and a kid. Wife and kid will eventually  move. I am worried about father who is old and a bit ill.

While accepting offer, should I talk my employer that I might need to go home if Godforbid his condition gets worst?

Other thing, can an employer issue Visas of entire family of mine(wife/kids+parents)?

Hello pknerd.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Do not hesitate to go through the other threads on the Jubail forum. You will surely find some informations on what you are looking for.

Thank you,
Aurélie

pknerd wrote:

Hi
While accepting offer, should I talk my employer that I might need to go home if Godforbid his condition gets worst?

No, you dont need to. In case of any family emergency, everyone has to rush to help. Employers usually don't hinder. So don't worry.

pknerd wrote:

Other thing, can an employer issue Visas of entire family of mine(wife/kids+parents)?

Yes, they can.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
pknerd wrote:

Hi

No, you dont need to. In case of any family emergency, everyone has to rush to help. Employers usually don't hinder. So don't worry.

pknerd wrote:

Yes, they can.

Thanks for reply. Can you please provide further elaboration about Visas for parents? Because all I know that they sponsor Visa for spouse only. Is it some law?

See, the catch here is that the right name is family visa and not spouse's visa. And family in visa terms in KSA covers spouse, kids & parents. Summary: You may talk to your employer about visas for parents (may be after landing here).

One concern, however, family visa doesn't cover sisters.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

See, the catch here is that the right name is family visa and not spouse's visa. And family in visa terms in KSA covers spouse, kids & parents. Summary: You may talk to your employer about visas for parents (may be after landing here).

One concern, however, family visa doesn't cover sisters.

Weird. Siblings are not part of family.