How to find a Doctor?

Hi All,
Anyone know of a good paediatrician or a general doctor around the KLCC area. It would be good to have this info. beforehand.
Do we just walk in or need to register etc.

Regards.

Hi movin2malaysia and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

I would appreciate a referral for a highly qualified Internal Medicine doctor, prefer The Curve Damansara area. Many thanks!

Hi around that area all I can say is avoid the overpriced tropicana medical centre. Way overpriced and not so good. For good health care I go to sjmc in subang - but busy place. TTDI used to have good medical centres - have a look around there and look at the doctors experience / quals

There is one in Etiqa Twins Tower (right opposite the hyatt hotel), 2nd floor. Charges are between RM$35 - RM$50 normally

Hello,

I am a health insurance advisor. In KL we have a lot of private hospital but for expat the cost might be expensive.

For list of hospitals you can visit my blog..

Just in case you need medical card to cover your medical cost please let me know

Hi blondeyes, :)

You could give more details on the forum? Maybe you could give us a list of good paediatrician or a general doctor in Kuala Lumpur? ;)

Thank you.

In Malaysia, there are many private hospitals as well as private clinics with good doctors.

Not sure how many expats are living near the Kajang area. But I thought I would share this in case anyone lives near Country Heights Kajang or the Semenyih vicinity. There is a good paediatrician clinic in Kajang town, called Klinik Kanak-Kanak Kwan located at 21 Jalan Raja Haroun, Kajang Tel: 03-8736 3118. The paediatrician there is Dr. Hoh and he is a very good, experienced paediatrician who is friendly and gentle with the kids.

The clinic also opens on Saturdays and Sundays from morning until 12.30pm, which is convenient for many working parents. Hope this is helpful.

Hello serendipity82,

Do note hesitate to recommend this paediatrician clinic in the business directory > Health in Kuala Lumpur section. ;)
It may also help the other members.

Thanks,

Priscilla