It's been raining in Petaling Jaya for past few days.

The weather in PJ has been pleasant for last few days. usually after 2 or 3 pm it's starts raining and last till late at night... sometimes just the lovely drizzling and sometimes roars of thunder bring along the heavy rainfall.

For me it's been an awesome weather. but I have observed that rain isn't welcome by Locals, most of my colleagues get frustrated over it. What about you all expats do you mind a lovely weather in your town.:)

lo0olzz .... sometimes when it raining I take of my t shirt and walk under the rain  since it's almost not raining all the year in my country :)

I love rain, I admit i missed the cool weather in Australia.
Locals scared from rain because they think they will get sick or spoiled the hair.
Rain is pleasant change.

Hello Miss going to be Expat :)

Greetings to you. I am not an expat but this is my view about Malaysian weather.

I am a Malaysian myself.. The theory behind is grass is always green on the other side for the local that you mentioned.  In some countries when it rains - it rains for a bit and the next moment it is sunshine.

As a local Malaysian I really really love our Malaysian weather. The beauty is that before it rains there are lots predictable signs of the rain i,e wind, leaves falling, sky getting darker etc which has its own beauty.

For info-It's a monsoon season now. Where the weather gets warm in the mornings /late mornings and tends to cool down mid afternoon and the rain kicks in which cools the night.

Locals who I know have said to me..."once they leave Malaysia they would soon appreciate what they are really missing.... :)"

I love rain myself.

Best wishes to you
Take care

Tarroq wrote:

lo0olzz .... sometimes when it raining I take of my t shirt and walk under the rain  since it's almost not raining all the year in my country :)

Middle East is a hot weather region.
and Whenever there would be a chance for Rain shower you wouldn't like to miss it.;)

taslik wrote:

I love rain, I admit i missed the cool weather in Australia.
Locals scared from rain because they think they will get sick or spoiled the hair.
Rain is pleasant change.

Australia also have four season like Pakistan. Right?
Yeah most of the time I have heard the complain of getting sick/ill due to rain by locals.

The rain showers after a long time of period cause for health issues as Malaysia is facing acid rain problems. other than this I agree rain is always a pleasant  change..

Nathan2321 wrote:

Hello Miss going to be Expat :)

Greetings to you. I am not an expat but this is my view about Malaysian weather.

I am a Malaysian myself.. The theory behind is grass is always green on the other side for the local that you mentioned.  In some countries when it rains - it rains for a bit and the next moment it is sunshine.

As a local Malaysian I really really love our Malaysian weather. The beauty is that before it rains there are lots predictable signs of the rain i,e wind, leaves falling, sky getting darker etc which has its own beauty.

For info-It's a monsoon season now. Where the weather gets warm in the mornings /late mornings and tends to cool down mid afternoon and the rain kicks in which cools the night.

Locals who I know have said to me..."once they leave Malaysia they would soon appreciate what they are really missing.... :)"

I love rain myself.

Best wishes to you
Take care

Hi Nathan..

I'm an Expat. I'm currently living and working Malaysia. It's been more than an year I've been here.

yeah you are right now days its monsoon to be more specific it's North east (October to February) Monsoon.
BTW Malaysia enjoys the tropical climate with plenty of sunshine and rainfall throughout the year. Much of the rainfall is concentrated in the late afternoons and humidity is high throughout the year. 

As I have mentioned to Taslik, Malaysia is facing problem of acid rain , so definitely rain after a long time is not good for health.

I'm glad that you love the rainfall.
:)

I love the tropical rain especially if on my balcony - but it does cause bad traffic jams!

It is a tropical country on the equator so I wonder sometimes if young Malaysians release that:P when moaning

In Ireland, it rains all the time and they have many different words to describe it: it's spilling, pouring, pi**ing down,lashing, drizzling, spitting, bucketing, teeming down, soft rain, hard rain, sleet, hail, snow, thundery, misty and I'm sure there is more.

barrycaffrey wrote:

In Ireland, it rains all the time and they have many different words to describe it: it's spilling, pouring, pi**ing down,lashing, drizzling, spitting, bucketing, teeming down, soft rain, hard rain, sleet, hail, snow, thundery, misty and I'm sure there is more.

But that is cold wet Atlantic rain and the leprechauns don't like that much rain!

Nemodot wrote:
barrycaffrey wrote:

But that is cold wet Atlantic rain and the leprechauns don't like that much rain!

So Barry If someone captures you, do you grant wishes;)

Faiqa, no I didn't come out of a bottle, but have been at the end of one or two. I'm just good looking and have plenty of gold.

barrycaffrey wrote:

Faiqa, no I didn't come out of a bottle, but have been at the end of one or two. I'm just good looking and have plenty of gold.

So You save your gold coins still at the same place Rainbow Bank?:D

Yes it has been raining quite often. I live in Subang Jaya and when it rains it just makes it difficult to go around as traffic would be quite heavy.

I am new to Malaysia and Subang Jaya, are there any good places to have meals and hangout?

Singpat

I also love rain!! but unfortunately didn't get chance to enjoy it since i was in Malaysia, when it rains either i was in office or sometime sleeping...

Love the rain too :), especially when it's pouring and I'm indoors