Moving to outer Bangkok (Eastern side)

Hoping someone can help me here today. Hubby was offered a job in Bangkok area (Amata) and he was there last week to get the feel for it. If he accepts this job, they want him to start in Feb... problem is, we need to give them an answer within the next week. And i dont know where to start to see how things work, to see if my budget will work, etc.

Firstly - it will be 4 of us moving. Me and hubby and 2 boys (aged 6 and 2). So i will need to look at International schools (im not planning on being in Bangkok longer than the 5 year contract period hubby will have), so my son can at least come and do his secondary schooling back here in Aus. This will be our 2nd mayor move in the past 5 years... we moved to Aus from South Africa a few years ago.

Anyways,... besides that... we are looking at areas close-ish to either hubby's work, or a good Int school, and we kinda though of BangNa and that area - close to 2 schools, a little further from work, but do-able. What im mainly wondering is if thats a good, affordable area?? .. we wont be making reaaaally big bucks in the beginning, plus we will have to work our mortage here in Aus into the budget too.

Then i was also hoping someone could give me an idea on general living costs for a family of 4. Things like utility expenses, private health/medical cover, cost involved in leasing or maybe even buying an older second hand type car.... what extra costs are involved at schools - average uniform prices ( i know its a long shot, but maybe someone can just give me an estimate??), etc

Things like general and car insurance... is it necessary and what does it cost...

Internet, mobile phones, telephone lines... availablity, costs, etc

And then the last sticky one... what would it cost for us as a family to buy groceries for a month - food, cleaning stuff, toiletries, etc. We are a "normal" no fuss family who dont eat expensive foods - prefer home cooking, fresh foods... basics... lol i know its a tough one, but grasping straws here before we decided if this is for us.

Was also wondering if there are lots of houses/townhouses that are rented fully furnished?? As i will be leaving my stuff this side hopefully, and dont think its worth buying again that side?? Was also looking at rentals for condo's and apartments, but may not be the best choice with 2 young, noisy, crazy boys!!

Ok.... think thats my list for now... ANY help/advice would be greatly appreciated.... (or links to threads whcih may have info on this - not quite figured out the full use of the forum!!!)

Thanks in advance!!!!

Hello,

I just saw the post. By now, I hope you figured out the solutions to those questions. But if not, let me know. I might be able to find out for you.

Hermy

BangNa is quite far. But I am not familiar with that area, hmm, don't worry. There are so many international schools in BKK, I believe it's not difficult for your boys to enter these schools. Also, the living cost must be cheaper than Aus, but it depends on how you spend the money. There are so many houses with furniture, it's easy to find.

As Hermy say, I agree that you should write down your questions.

Bangna is good place with few international schools. I happen to settled down here in Bangna just 2 months back. Lots of accomodation. Condos, Houses in & around the golf clubs. You will need a car to get around here though.