Bankers Trust

Does anyone have any experience with this company they would like to share?
It is located in the Infinity Blu condo/commerical complex in Sosua.  However, it seemed rather deserted there when I stopped by.

Be careful. If it sounds too good to be true...
No such thing a as a superfast cedula, residency or passport.

Bob K

Those were my thoughts also.   And since they did not return my key deposit for a safe deposit box, even though I returned both keys as agreed, I took that as a bad sign.

Sounds like you may be answering your own question

Bob K

I'm an expat who has used Banker Trust to secure my passport. They were professional and quick - unlike most vendors locally I have experienced. They get 5 stars from me!

The banker-trust.com web site apparently no longer exists. I paid a lot of money to get a passport through them and made several visits to the DR in the process. I was also promised a Certificate of Naturalization. I received the passport on my final visit but never received the Certificate of Naturalization, despite repeated request for it.

Now I'm afraid even to use the passport because I've read that the use of a fraudulent one calls for prison! I doubt this company is even in business now, but if it is, run away fast!

The banker-trust.com web site apparently no longer exists. I paid a lot of money to get a passport through them and made several visits to the DR in the process. I was also promised a Certificate of Naturalization. I received the passport on my final visit but never received the Certificate of Naturalization, despite repeated request for it.

Now I'm afraid even to use the passport because I've read that the use of a fraudulent one calls for prison! I doubt this company is even in business now, but if it is, run away fast!

Did you also receive your Certificate of Naturalization? If you didn't, your "passport" is likely fraudulent.

I, too, got a passport through them but never received the Certificate of Naturalization, despite numerous requests for it.

They seemed "professional" during the passport process, but it was probably because they paid off certain officials.

I can suggest a good lawyer who can look into it for you.  I will send you a private message.

I have someone in the DR checking the validity of my cedula and passport obtained via Banker Trust. For now, neither one is registered with the government. The lawyer will check further with immigration. Stay tuned.

I have a sad feeling that you will be back as square one.

Bob K

If I was scammed, it could very well be jail time (and disbarment) for those who did the scamming.

What is the proper way to get a cedula and passport, by having my lawyer in DR do it? If I become a DR resident is my US passport no longer valid even though I will keep dual citizenship?

Getting your residencia and cedula is the first step. There is a thread outlining the steps.    It normally takes over 5 years to get your citizenship here.  You can have  dual citizenship if you are American.

You DO NOT give up your passport and it remains active for as long as you are a citizen (assuming it is current).  Getting your residency or even DR citizenship does not void your US passport.  You need to renounce you US citizenship to lose your US passport

Follow the steps in the residency thread.  Know that the process now needs to be started in your home country.

Bob K

Banker-trust was a scam artist. I emailed him many times and what he was offering was nothing but fraud after checking that many citizenships he was selling were outright fake and there was no constitution in those countries to grant citizenship this way. He was selling not only DR but others too. I am sure he ran away from DR after scamming a lot of people.  I think you should have done a proper research like I did .Hope you get your money back but I highly doubt it. If you do a police report and tell them you bought a passport by giving someone 25,000 USD, I don't know what they will do to you. Besides, I believe you are breaking US law too by acquiring passport this way. Some countries like US are very strict on acquiring fraudulent citizenship. You better talk to a good lawyer in DR. Wish you all the best.

Muffie, good luck with arrest and disbarment charges. I don't think he was ever a proper attorney to begin with. You should look up John Ascot advisory firm and I believe Guzman firm
http://www.internationalman.com/article … n-republic

These are proper firms that I emailed too when I was doing research on this banker-trust firm. They all told me this is outright fraud what banker-trust was peddling. Remember Google is your friend these days and one needs to research a lot before handing over their cash to anyone.
There are lot of scammers out there. You need to be careful.

And let me warn all our posters to be very careful what you say on a public forum! While you may or may not be here, please be careful what you say.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BANKERS-T … ep-1163448http://www.liveandinvestoverseas.com/ma … -2012.html

Anyways, these two links are something that I came up with in 2012 and 2014 about this firm. Just use google when in doubt.

Yes Google can be your friend.

I changed my post but both appeared. The new one is below. (Or above?) The main message is to stay away from Banker Trust!

The person in the DR who was "checking the validity of my passport" turned out to be a scam also. First I sent money to her for the lawyer; then something else (and more money) was required. I quit at that point.

Update on the passport I got through Banker Trust: I live in Panama, a long way from the capitol. I recently went to to the DR Consulate in Panama City to renew the passport. It turned out that neither the passport or the cedula are in their system. (On the cedula it states it is good until 2021.)

So Banker Trust scammed me out of $21,400, plus it cost a lot for three airfare trips to the DR, lodging, etc.

They apparently no longer have a web site, but I saw their ads on a couple of sites. I informed the owners of those sites that Banker Trust is a fraudulent company. (On one site, I saw that they are now charging $25,000.)

On another site, someone else said Banker Trust offers safe deposit boxes, but that is also a scam.

Stay away from Banker Trust and save yourself a lot of money and frustration!

Thank you for your update. I am really sorry you have had this experience.  May I suggest you contact ProConsumidor here to report them. I don't know if it will do any good at all but its the only thing I know you can do other than getting a lawyer!

If I can help please message me privately.

Well, I'm not going to waste any more time and money on a lawyer. Can you give me contact information for ProConsumidor (preferable an email address)? Banker Trust should not be allowed to continue to scam people! I have saved lots of emails to and from from Michael Davis that prove my case of their fraud and their corruption with the DR government.

By the way, your reply mentioned "Bankers Trust." Be aware the correct name is "Banker Trust." (There is a "Bankers Trust" in the US--mortgage company among other things.)

I understand completely honey. 

Here is the website:  https://proconsumidor.gob.do/

You can do a report via Chat,  via phone etc.  I cannot find an email.  So go on and do it via chat is my best suggestion.

https://web.facebook.com/ProConsumidorRD/

Thank you!