A good international school for girls (ages 12 & 10)

Actually, I am writing on behalf of a Korean family (husband, wife & two daughters - ages 12 & 10) that would be moving to Laos by the end of 2012.  They are interested in sending their children to a good school & need some positive feed back.  Also they are looking to find a suitable accomodation in close proximity to the school.  I would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on good schools and accomodation.  Thanks.

Hi hangayeyo & welcome to Expat.com!

Browsing through the forum may help you.;)

I invite you to post an advert in the section Housing in Laos.

Good luck,
Harmonie.

Hangayeyo.

There are good international schools in Vientiane.
Vientiane International school, American and very expensive $20,000 per pupil per year.

Australian International school
Panyathip International school
Pattana school

Kiettisack International school.
Our children, 2 girls 6 and 15 and our son 10 attend this school. Cost is $10,000 total for the 3 of them for the year.   

You can look online for any of these schools.

As for accommodation, Vientiane is not a large City but is congested traffic wise.
Housing can be as expensive or cheap depending where you live. Closer to city is more costly depending what part of town you are in.

I suggest you look online by putting 'real estate vientiane' into your search engine. This will come up with real estate websites which you can check out to get prices.

Best to decide on a school first then you can find a house close.
For a map of the city   www.hobomaps.com

Hi,
I would also recommend Kiettisack School. The overall population is greater in girls compared to boys. It has a large Korean population as well but there are also many expats from Canada, US, UK, Pakistan, India, Vietnam, China, Philipines, Japan, New Guine, and others.
The school has a very strong teaching staff particularly in the primary grades and into the Junior Secondary.
I think if you research and look around you will find that while there are many schools in Vientiane the top choice is Kiettisack for a number of reasons. Should your children need ESL/ESC to acquire English skills, I personally don't know of a better program in Lao.

Hi T-Lao & Stumpy,

Thank you for the feedback which was helpful.  I gather from both of you that KIS is a good school, & I may just look into it. 

I will keep in touch with you when I am in Laos.

Regards

I am Vietnamese. Now I am in Vietnam. Nice to meet all Laos in my country