Irish pound

Hi all
  I know the curreny of Ireland now is Euro.Is Irsih pound still working in Ireland too.
    Thanks
       yaklef

Thank you for asking!

The IEP is being increasingly used in towns in County Monaghan. Some other parts are also embracing it in anticipation of Ireland leaving the Eurozone. IR£1.00 used to buy $1.60 - $2.00.

Hi Robbie
Thanks for  your reply.I am planing to move to Ireland  for travel trip . so, How can I get Travel agency  prepare tourist trips to Ireland .I have searching  online but no thing I found.
  any advices will be very great.
     Thanks again
      Yaklef

I am quite glad that Ireland got rid of the Punt. It was linked to the UK pound because the UK was our biggest trading partner. It did not hold a great value. In some small villages in Co. Monaghan( in anticipation of Ireland leaving the Eurozone) they started trade exchange with badger furs. (:P)

@thereforareason
I do however suppose you mean GB-pounds and not IE-pounds.

I mean irish pound currency of Ireland  NOT Britih pound currency of uk

The Irish Punt is no longer legal tender in Ireland. It will not be legally accept by any bank. The main currency in the Republic of Ireland is the Euro. In Northern Ireland they use the British Pound Sterling, but I believe some store in the North will accept Euro too. Do check that out however and don't take my word for it.

I have not lived in Ireland in 3 months (I work and live in China now)... I am sure things have no changed much since I left. But one thing is for sure the Euro is the main currency is the Republic, and the old Irish Punt is no more.