Where to live in Abu dhabi

Hi Next month I will joining my husband to live  in Abu Dhabi, we are looking at apartments in marina heights on al reem island and in the centre of the city near to the corniche. I need advice as to which is the best location in which to settle seeing as I don't know anyone! I realise the centre has advantages for its close proximity to bars, cafes, , beach, but the apartment on al reem has more space and fantastic views, but I'm worried it may be too isolatled! Can anyone help me please?

Hi jjam,

welcome to Expat.com!

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

All the the best,
Christine

Hi jaam,
Reem island is not that much isolated, especially if you have a car. But the bad thing there is the construction, going on almost everywhere. I would advise you to look at villas at Al Bateen area. There are lovely, spacious villas there, the parking and traffic are not an issue in that area.
Good luck!

for godssake dont rent in marina heights or anything near it (marina square).  its a dump.  No maintenance, no water pressure, dirty common areas and even rat stories.  the only place to rent on al reem is sun and sky towers.  otherwise rent on the corniche

Hi thank you we have now decided to rent on the corniche in capital towers in response to replies and also what we heard on the ground! Thanks to everyone who replied. If there is anyone who lives in capital towers I would love to here from you.  me and my husband will be moving in around the middle of November.  Cheers!

Al Reem is excelent, you have views, amenities etc...if you want to have restaurants, coffee shops a big supermarket etc.. the place to be is Sun/Sky Towers.